Biggest Wrestling Related Disappointment

garynysmon

Raven is jobbed out in WWE and fired. I still dont get what he did wrong in his run, his 7 story line was great but for some reason he was never going to be given a chance. He was great WCW.

Word is Vince McMahon hates Raven for some reason one popular rumor is that Raven during his Johnny Polo days took Shane McMahon out on the town one night and got him completly fucked up.Could all be bollocks of course but the general feeling seems to be that Vince hates him.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The number of times I've hoped Cena would turn heel, only for it never to happen.Now don't get me wrong - I know why they haven't, and I completely understand, but there's still a stupid little part of me that really wants to see it.

I think anybody who wants to see WWE shake things up wants to see Cena turn heel. He's been on top for ages now and could do with freshening his act up. As much as Cena has his plus points, business isn't too great with him as their top babyface and it's clear the 'money' audience (the adults) don't care for Cena. The problem is WWE seem incapable of getting another face ready for the spot.I'd love for him to turn heel on The Rock. I personally think, long term, it is the best move for WWE and Cena. I think he'll win round the doubters after another heel run.

The way the Kurt Angle/Steph/Triple H love triangle feud ended.Goldberg not winning the World Title at Summerslam 2003 after destroying everybody.The shitness of the NWO's return to the WWE.The Rock leaving and Austin retiring +Angle going to TNA.Stacy Keibler's retirement from the wrestling business.And on a personal note,going to my first WWE house show in Dublin at about 14 and expecting to see what I saw on TV,but instead getting Mark Jindrak vs Shane Helms in a stalling contest.

• Paid Members

Raven is jobbed out in WWE and fired. I still dont get what he did wrong in his run, his 7 story line was great but for some reason he was never going to be given a chance. He was great WCW.

Word is Vince McMahon hates Raven for some reason one popular rumor is that Raven during his Johnny Polo days took Shane McMahon out on the town one night and got him completly fucked up.Could all be bollocks of course but the general feeling seems to be that Vince hates him.
Raven says on one of his shoots him and Shane were tight way back when and often went out and got loaded up.When he went back Shane had apparently matured past it while Raven hadn't so much. I don't think he said much about Vince's feelings mind

There was the time me and a few mates were going to watch a show at Perth city hall only to discover it had been cancelled. That was a right kick in the knackers. We had to go to the pub instead. You can only imagine how maudlin we were as we sipped our shandies amidst the enveloping gloom.As others have mentioned, the conclusion to WMIX was most disheartening for the Hart fan, especially if one hated Hogan. It was a shitty show anyway, but Terry really urinated on the dying embers of the bonfire.The deaths of WCW and ECW, while both on the cards, were really shitty. End of an era and all that. Wrestling just isn't the same now and probably won't ever be again. Bum.

Punk returning to Raw two weeks after Money in the Bank gave me a real sinking feeling. At that point I was still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, such had been the great booking for the previous four or five weeks, but the ensuing weeks showed it to the mis-step I initially felt it was.Messing up the Punk angle has killed my enthusiasm for the product like nothing else I can recall. Money in the Bank was a great show top to bottom and felt like it was being broadcast from some awesome alternate reality. The main event was as good as wrestling gets and Punk looked a genuine megastar. Every other match on the show delivered big time and the CM Punk chants during the few low points made the product feel 'hotter' than it has done in over a decade, albeit momentarily. I thought they were on the cusp of something a bit special.I kept watching until the week after SummerSlam but I haven't watched a Raw since and I'm not sure when I'll next bother with it.

• Paid Members

Bret Hart's 10 year return, should of been sooner therefore immediately

headbangsoncomputer_t_01.gif

And THAT match with McMahon. Promised so much but was awful to watch.

That's a lie. We all knew Bret was incable of taking any abuse. The only thing it could have promised over what it delivered was that it be a good seven minutes shorter.

• Paid Members

The best idea I've heard of what they might have done regarding Bret's comeback would have been to book a tag team match between Bret and (for instance) John Cena v Vince and (let's say) Batista, where the two active wrestlers do most of the work and the heat on Cena in the middle, with Bret simply making a hot tag to apply the Sharpshooter on Vince for the feel-good finish. Of course, that would mean putting two main event level talents in a tag match at 'Mania, so was never viable.As I say, the match would have been ok to watch had it been a three-minute massacre, a clipped version of what they actually presented, but no doubt plenty of people would have complained about a match on 'Mania where the entrances lasted longer than the match, especially one that had been promoted so heavily. In a way, they painted themselves into a corner.

Oh f*** off I clearly meant "should

• Paid Members

I'd probably have to go with the resurrection of ECW on Sci-Fi. Judging by the One Night Stand PPV of that year, it really did seem they were looking to bring it back the way it was but with a few more established WWE stars in it like Angle/Big Show, which I was all for. Fast forward to January the next year and we're getting Bobby Lashley defeat Test to retain his ECW title via disqualification :duh: In my more innocent days I'd have to go with HHH getting the pin on Cactus at No Way Out too.

Punk returning to Raw two weeks after Money in the Bank gave me a real sinking feeling. At that point I was still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, such had been the great booking for the previous four or five weeks, but the ensuing weeks showed it to the mis-step I initially felt it was.Messing up the Punk angle has killed my enthusiasm for the product like nothing else I can recall. Money in the Bank was a great show top to bottom and felt like it was being broadcast from some awesome alternate reality. The main event was as good as wrestling gets and Punk looked a genuine megastar. Every other match on the show delivered big time and the CM Punk chants during the few low points made the product feel 'hotter' than it has done in over a decade, albeit momentarily. I thought they were on the cusp of something a bit special.

Most recently it has to be this, though have been flitting with WWE since the Nexus stuff last year, this really drew me back into it to the extent been watching RAW and pretty much every PPV, which is unheard of for me. Even back in the day it was mainly Superstars on a weekend and perhaps Wrestling Challenge and PPV's on Sky 1 and Eurosport, and more recently ie a decade ago HeAt and the PPV's from around 2000 to 2002. But this was something else. I was getting drawn in and the whole thing could have been great, but its descended into a complete and utter clusterfuck of epic proportions and if the, new direction the angle is going in doesnt get much better I can see myself drifting away again as Im just not feeling it. There is unpredictability and then there is utter bollocks of the highest order. At present, its going the way of the latter point and actively disuading me from watching, which I'm sure isnt the intended purpose.Historically, the biggest wrestling disappoint has to be the change from PPV's being on Sky One to Sky Movies and from that losing the Sky box at the time as it caused me to drift away from wrestling for years from about 1992 ish til 2000. Lack of access to what had been easily available, to having to jump through hoops to watch stuff was easily the biggest disappointment for me as it meant I couldnt follow what was going on and left me some what bereft.

Archived