Fashion

JohnnyChimpo

Do you care about the latest fashion?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fashion??? I'm lost on this one.I wear what I'm comfortable in, my style is general middle of the road stuff. I stick to jeans and a t-shirt/jumper combo and hardly stray from that. Boring if you will.KMC's hair is cool, earlier this year I had a sidehawk which attracted a fair bit of attention but it became too much to maintain so it went. I'll probably revive it somepoint in the next year if I can be arsed.

Thought I'd bump this thread to recount a fashion-related anecdote from this weekend. I was out in Osborne road in Jesmond - for those who don't know it, it's always been a bit wanky, a curious mix of posh students and hen dos, but somewhere you could generally dress up a bit for a night out and not feel massively out of place. However, on my last few visits, it's been increasingly populated by fashion-obsessed morons - I don't know if it's the Geordie Shore effect or if I'm simply more aware of it because of that programme, but on the last few visits I've seen:

-Innumerable effeminate roidheads with waxed eyebrows, permatans and plunging-neckline t-shirts

-A fat ginger kid in a skintight bright yellow t-shirt

-A man who seemed to deliberately have half of his belt protruding past the end of his trousers

-The same man wearing a pair of high-top boots, with his chinos tucked in but only at the back

-Innumerable pairs of plimsols and fucking Toms

Anyway, I was rocking the Gary Barlow look in a waistcoat, black pinstripe trousers and a plain white shirt, when some drunken middle-aged bint walks up to me and asks:

"Why are you dressed like that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you wearing a waistcoat and shirt. Are you a bouncer?"

"No, otherwise I would be wearing one of those luminous armbands."

"Are you pretending to be a bouncer?"

"No, otherwise I would be wearing one of those luminous armbands."

"Why are you dressed like that, then? Nobody else here is dressed like that."

"Well, you should really be asking them why they aren't dressed like this, in that case."

Ordinarily I wouldn't have minded, but the bar was rammed with wall-to-wall imbeciles - trilbies, Toms and deep v-necks everywhere. It's come to something when you can't dress smartly on a night out without being asked to justify why you're not dressed like a reality TV moron in a pair of fucking pyjama bottoms and some plimsols. I felt like I was in an episode of Nathan Barley.

Archived