Fashion

JohnnyChimpo

Do you care about the latest fashion?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some interesting comments/points in here.I dress like Ive dressed since I turned 18 (now 27) Black Tshirts and jeans so I'll doubt look back and have too many cringe outfits if you wanna call them that,I like to wear what I consider decent or nice looking things that suit my style which I think is most important to have your own kinda style, theres nothing wrong with 'being inspired' or whatever by say david beckham or whoever but just put your own twist on it to make it your own.Brands/things I like are Affliction, wrestling tshirts, most metal/rock inspired stuff like Iron Fist etc, Macbeth trainers are my new make of choice got a few pairs now, Jeans I dont tend to spend alot but I got a decent pair from Debenhams on sale from

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll doubt look back and have too many cringe outfits

Brands/things I like are Affliction, wrestling tshirts, most metal/rock inspired stuff like Iron Fist etc, Macbeth trainers are my new make of choice got a few pairs now, Jeans I dont tend to spend alot but I got a decent pair from Debenhams on sale from

• Paid Members

Apologies guys, this is for an audience of one really.Hey, June....

Why do people think so negatively?

My gut reaction was to simply put "I don't like you because you're the kind of guy that if someone didn't like you, you'd take them for a walk in the park and ask them why." But to be quite frank, I'm not as funny as I'd like to think, so here goes with the serious answer.I might be able to help you out here, if you can lower yourself to my level. Precisely what my level is of course in terms of education, life experience and travel, I shan't bore you with right now, because it's irrelevant. What may have started off with a few comments about that photo of you has, it seems, spiralled out of control. There is either a deeply-rooted personal loathing towards you radiating out of one or two other posters, or at the very least you perceive that there is.

I'm the opposite, I've read Plato, and bits and bobs of other philosophy, and a fuck load of Utopias, but I don't feel the need to mention I've read them, I just take in what I see in the world and offer opinions based on that.

So... why mention it now? I have no wish to ignite a personal war of words with you myself, but the oxymoronic nature of this sentence is a very easy addition to the catalogue of evidence the "you're a cunt" troop seem to have stockpiled against you. It's got nothing to do with your actual opinions, it's more to do with the perception of what kind of person you are, and here we have what can easily be interpreted as (unconsciously) reinforcing the "I'm smarter/more learned than you lot" stereotype which you have been - fairly or unfairly - labelled with. You will be smarter and more learned than many posters are or were at your age ; there will also be many where this is not true. But you have an unailing ability to portray the self-belief that you are better than the rest of us. This also frequently manifests itself in an apparent belief that your opinion/way of doing something is RIGHT and the rest of us are WRONG. This of course may not be true, but it's perceived to be true by the "you're a cunt" troop.

There is no call for personal attacks; they reveal merely the hatred, bitterness and insecurities only natural in some people who spend their lives in the uncool hobby of following wrestling and browsing forums.

Skip to....

if/when I become a a rich, disillusioned 9-5 accountant who has foregone all his principles, I'll be at least gleeful that bullies like yourselves will life and die with nothing more than hatred and bitterness, because your minds were constantly polluted with negative thoughts.

... which, in turn, makes you come off as bitter, yeah?Don't get me wrong, you're an intelligent guy - you know this, that's a huge part of the problem. Personally, you lost me in the infidelity thread, suggesting you didn't see any moral objection to being the third party when a partner cheats on another. The problem when it comes to that kind of thing is you can certainly argue a point to an opinion but when it comes to morals and ethics, you are dealing with people's beliefs which are very difficult if not nigh on impossible to change or overcome. Unfortunately that particular moral belief also firmly fits into associating with the kind of personality traits that a lot of the lads on here seem to categorize as "cunt."While we are on the subject of "cunt..."

And to continue, we all like sticking our dicks in things, it's merely convention that makes us categorise between different orifices.

Do you not think you have overthought this somewhat? It's not convention that dictates I like sticking my dick (so to speak) in a woman and that I have no desire to do it with a man, it's a combination of physiological responses that make me desire and greatly enjoy the former, and have no desire to engage in the latter.

Everybody is simply 'sexual', rather than all this 'homosexual' and 'heterosexual' shit, and almost everybody who rushes to say "I'm 100% straight" is in fact only 100% insecure about the fact that even a small part of them is attracted to other men.

Except... this isn't really true, is it? I don't care for certain labels, having been mis-labelled at various points in my uni days as a goth, emo, headbanger and gay, despite missing out rather important traits/tastes/opinions consistent with those that would self-label themselves as any of those things - such as the aforementioned sticking my dick in a man - but I will HAPPILY label myself as heterosexual, and am 100% secure that I have no, umm, insecurity as you suggest.I imagine at this point you are dying to question my emotional intelligence, but fret not. While I will no doubt be cyber-lamped by some of the "lads" around here for this admission, there was a time when I was living with a mate that at times I found myself questioning whether I would entertain a relationship with him. We had a lot in common, I enjoyed his company to the point where I could happily spend all day with him and not miss the company of others, even to the point where we routinely talked about our hopes and dreams, shared our worst fears and darkest secrets and talked all manner of cobblers about the meaning of life. I could have loved him, easily. There was only one thing missing.I wasn't sexually attracted to him, not even slightly. In simplest terms, I didn't want to put my dick in him. There were plenty of times we both comforted each other through emotional fragility - rejection, financial worries, rejection, bereavement - and there were plenty of times where there was a degree of physicality or taking clothes off in front of each other - going to the gym, staging pretend WWF matches with the other lads - where I firmly believe any latency would have bloomed into full-on attraction to him, but it never did.After a long period of confusion, the episode lead me to realize that while I considered the option that I could be bi - possibly subconsciously even wanted to be since it seemed so popular and "fashionable" (LOL) or even that I didn't want to restrict finding that ONE other person to one gender (a la Alyssa Jones) - in truth I had never nor could ever be attracted to men. Much like Holden McNeil before me, I guess I like tits too much.But yeah, referring to anyone else's lifestyle choice as "all this 'homosexual' and 'heterosexual' shit" could again be filed into the weighty dossier of "possible cunt" by those that are that way inclined.Which brings me, somewhat aptly, to ;

Disagree with my opinions, but those who use the words 'moron', 'twat', 'cunt', 'idiot', 'wanker' with such frequency are only demeaning themselves rather than the person they're hoping to humiliate.

I do find it strange that someone as intelligent as yourself again falls into the trap of portraying yourself (possibly unconsciously) as above it all. It's human nature to develop disdain towards people where either their habits, personality or moral code revile you, and unfortunately on the web most of us potray our own personalities turned up to eleven, much like pro wrestlers do on't telly, and while we might not call someone a cunt in real life, or indeed punch them square in the face, as tempting as it sometimes is, because they revile you so much, it becomes necessary sometimes to call someone a cunt in order to try and bring an end to that which causes such distress. If anything, it's a confused plea to stop.What I have attempted in the preceeding paragraphs is somewhat of a more dignified plea - my quotes from yourself are some of the examples I have plucked out which I feel illustrate your belief (or projected belief) that you are better than the rest of us. If you genuinely believe yourself to be a victim of cyber-bullying and actively seek to reduce it... no, I don't believe I can offer you advice as such, not that I pretend you would take it, but I hope I might have explained a little as to how you appear to have become.... reviled.I'm not entirely sure you actually are that bothered....

I wrote this as a chain-of-though reply to bring closure on the 'offensive, pretentious twat' gimmick I have so enjoyed playing.

... in which case, you may wish to consider, as a final thought, that a lot of the "you're a cunt" troop savage you so because they enjoy playing up to your gimmick, and the perceived trauma it causes. Which in turn, may cease, if you have indeed been stringing us all along.Wherever your story leads from here, best of luck in your future endeavours, Flaming June.Oh.....justone.GIF... you're a cunt.

i'm bringing these back, they leave you both hands free, to do whatever you like! :sneaky:pd2435161.jpg

The problem with those is, your shoulders get wet. I know, I've tried one.

• Paid Members

I have no idea what's in or out of fashion really. I'll go clothes shopping and if it looks good and fits properly then I'll buy it. I have a few pairs of jeans that fit well and I think they look great but they could be the type that were in fashion a few years ago but are now uncool. I don't care, I look great in them. For work, although I don't have to, I like to wear a good quality suit, getting an off the shelf one that fits perfect is rare and I don't have the cash to get a tailored one so whenever I can get one that fits at a decent price I'll buy it so I have a few m+s suits from the outlet stores that I rotate. Shoes wise, I have nothing really expensive. My favourite pair are about 8 years old and still in ok condition. The only seasonal trend I care about is my football top. Old clothes don't necessarily mean I won't wear them. I have a fleece jacket I got in 1998, it looks good and is perfect for this time of year. Similarly I have shirts, jackets and hats that are a few years old but still look fine and the moths haven't gotten at them. What's the fixation with band t-shirts? I have a few that I wear, they look good, they show off my personality more than copying whatever the catwalk claims is cool. You can look good without trying too hard or thinking about it.

• Paid Members

Wow, this thread just exploded all over the place, didn't it?Sunny Diva, can I ask you, what is an honest question and not an attempted wind up, cause like I said in my original post, I think your an alright sort most of the time, but; Do you think you are insecure? You mention other people being insecure quite a lot, have you ever stopped and thought maybe you are the one who is insecure in himself? air_raid is right in that, you do always manage to come across quite cocky and arrogant (don't confuse that with confidence), and love telling stories about where you have been, where you are going, golden handshakes (did you ever get that by the way?), women you pull, your amazing lifestyle, what will be your amazing job/career etc. Is all that not just you convincing yourself that you're awesome? See, you claim that you don't care about what the people on here think or say, yet you always respond to them, and usually at great length. You always ask, why do they care what you say? But why do you care about what they say so much?

Never really thought about it. I guess I dress like I'm in Jackass.

Leopard print banana hammock?Are these still cool? Where they ever cool? I hope so, cause I just bought a pair. 490_converse-all-star-noir-blanc_m.jpg

Archived