Fashion

JohnnyChimpo

Do you care about the latest fashion?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All I have is opinions. Unconventional opinions, offensive opinions, incomprehensible opinions, whatever, I just write these fucking things down, it's just how I'm feeling at the time. I don't go back and browse through old threads so I won't suffer embarrassment. I'm an instinctive person. Someone called me 'A-Level' but a lot of the pseudo-intellectuals on here who think they're better/cleverer/worth more than me are just the sort of University students the professors hate, who show no originality, are afraid to write a statement unless they can footnote it to Camus or some other philosopher, who just weigh up other people's arguments and provide none of their own. I'm the opposite, I've read Plato, and bits and bobs of other philosophy, and a fuck load of Utopias, but I don't feel the need to mention I've read them, I just take in what I see in the world and offer opinions based on that. Who gives a fuck about philosophy and 'florid style' anyway? The very same people who accuse me of being a pretentious dick, and nobody else. The hypocrisy in humanity is predictable yet still jarring. Chest Rockwell criticised my style, but when I criticised his he had nothing to say. He laughed at me using the phrase 'totalitarian regime', one he is apparently above, but failed when asked to come up with alternative wording. He loves hating on other people because it makes him feel better about his own deficiencies. In this way he is like many people.Why do people think so negatively? Why do they constantly insult me when I do not insult them back? They are like bullies in a playground, buzzing round every post, not to argue with it, but to pick out one part they can try and get their friends to laugh out, or just to plain insult me. Why are they so disparaging? Why do they not simply ignore me? Because they hate people like me, who have an opinion and state it and couldn't care less what anybody else feels. It's like Big Mickey - nearly every thread he goes in he gets accused of being a racist because of his political views. Why does it anger people so much what he thinks? Why does it hurt them? Why do they have to be so condescending?That none of the questions I asked earlier were answered showed that these people are nothing but bullies, who criticise the opinions of others but have nothing themselves to ass when the person counterpoints them.I'm not some sixteen year old naive cunt. I'm a 22 year old, who's travelled the world, got a 2:1 from a University ranked 8th out of 150 in the country on a course with AAA entry requirements. People will pick up on this sentence as the one to disparage and laugh at from my post ("look at him with his airs and graces," ironically from the same people who believe themselves to be intellectually superior). I say it only as evidence that I am not an uneducated idiot. These are the views of an educated person. They are my views. You can find them ridiculous or offensive or whatever, but these are the products of my experience of the world. I'm not saying them out of ignorance, this is genuinely how I feel. You probably think this is even more scary, that someone can have had some of the best education in this country and still think the way I do. Well, that's the way it is.In real life I'm a pretty personable bloke; I've got assessment days at two of the top accountancy firms in the country in the next couple of months. There's no guarantee I'll get the job, indeed it's pretty unlikely in the current climate and without much experience of a economically based degree, but to even get to the assessment day you have to get through phone interviews and aptitude tests and past dozens of other candidates. I'm not blowing my here trumpet at all, though I'm aware that it sounds like I am. I'm just saying that if I come across as a 'moron' on here then it is a misconception. My views may be moronic but I have an active brain and others see that. Of course, in real life I do not spout such radical and unconventional views except to my friends, so I in some ways don't ask for trouble as much. [No doubt people will still reply to this post with 'what a pretentious cunt' now I've talked about university and jobs and somewhat bigged myself up - my advice is don't bother, I won't read them].Yet while I'll admit my posts have been controversial, written in ways that demand a heated argument against, I certainly don't believe myself to have been deserving of the barrage of personal abuse. Disagree with my opinions, but those who use the words 'moron', 'twat', 'cunt', 'idiot', 'wanker' with such frequency are only demeaning themselves rather than the person they're hoping to humiliate. There is no call for personal attacks; they reveal merely the hatred, bitterness and insecurities only natural in some people who spend their lives in the uncool hobby of following wrestling and browsing forums. They think they're better than the activities they partake in, so are either hateful or condescending to compensate. The majority of the forum, I'm happy to say, is made up of people happy with who they are, who see no need to be offensive, derisory or hateful to others. If they disagree with a post, they'll argue it politely. If they dislike a poster, they'll ignore them. That's the way it should be.I personally don't even mind personal attacks if they're funny and by a sole person. When it isn't in the least amusing (although it often tries to be) is scornful bullying by groups of people at once, something that has no place in any society (and something no doubt influenced by the perpetrators own experiences of bullying as a child, which they will of course deny because in reality they care far more than me about whether people on this forum consider them 'cool'). For those who have ganged up and insulted me, I'm finally going to fight back say say fuck you (pretentious italics for emphasis), and if/when I become a a rich, disillusioned 9-5 accountant who has foregone all his principles, I'll be at least gleeful that bullies like yourselves will life and die with nothing more than hatred and bitterness, because your minds were constantly polluted with negative thoughts. I'm not perfect. I'll probably never become the famous author I want to be (nor in all probability will all of the many other aspiring writers on here). I often come across as a dick, I usually say the wrong thing, I'm hopelessly vain and sometimes treat people like shit. I love attention and love getting a reaction out of people. Now, I'm not perfect, but there's a good chance (though it's nothing like a sure thing) that one day I'll be somewhat successful (I've got the grounding), and if I manage to get into accounting I'll probably make a fuck load of money. If I do manage to grasp that invisible ring, I'll know that I stuck by my convictions, was honest with myself and people around me (even if it meant getting abused for it). And I'll not be disappointed if I'm still depressed now and again, since I've said time and time again money doesn't make you happy. I've got a lifestyle now that most people would kill for, and that's why I'm generally content. Content to laze around all day, browsing the internet, eating junk food, drinking, doing the odd drug, travelling, enjoying life in the knowledge that one day, probably someday soon, I'll have a job and responsibilities and will look back on this as a golden period in my life.Don't pick up typos, I wrote this as a chain-of-though reply to bring closure on the 'offensive, pretentious twat' gimmick I have so enjoyed playing. I've not checked it for quality of prose Chest (perhaps you can mark it and PM it to me so I can improve as a writer and maybe one day even reach your lofty standards?), or grammar, or if I've accidently written the wrong word in my haste. Because there's surely better things to do than proof read a post on a forum that exists to discuss oiled up men in underpants pretending to fight.Sayanora.

Good post, and precisely what I was on about above. My favourite bits were when you you said you don't ever mention reading Plato after you'd mentioned reading Plato, and your misunderstanding of people thinking all that shit you did being your "airs and graces". It's listing all that, exactly like that, that comes across quite naieve and closed-minded for a chap who has seen and done a lot. And I think that might have been what Loki or Chest (sorry lads, forgot which one) was getting at when he picked up on you described a coat or something, before the debate moved on to sexuality and your personality.It's hard to nail down, I'll give you that. You're a fascinating case.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he's fascinating really NEWM - he's actually quite boring, if momentarily entertaining on a slow afternoon. He conforms so closely to a stereotype that it's laughable he thinks so highly of himself as some sort of unique thinker. He's a dime-store intellectual, a coffee shop bore in the making. And he really can't understand why people didn't fill in his survey!It's a pity he's managed to turn another thread into an extended essay on his fuckwittery though.

All I have is opinions. Unconventional opinions, offensive opinions, incomprehensible opinions, whatever, I just write these fucking things down, it's just how I'm feeling at the time.

You forgot unoriginal opinions. You sound (and look) like pretty much all of my little cousins pals.

• Paid Members

I don't think he's fascinating really NEWM - he's actually quite boring, if momentarily entertaining on a slow afternoon. He conforms so closely to a stereotype that it's laughable he thinks so highly of himself as some sort of unique thinker. He's a dime-store intellectual, a coffee shop bore in the making. And he really can't understand why people didn't fill in his survey!

I think Flaming_June gets picked on unfairly by people on here, but I very much agree with the quote. People as solipsistic as Flaming_June are the reason I don't enjoy things like tumblr/twitter etc.Also Surf, if you think it will look cool, it will look cool. You are the fashionista we all aspire to be.

A very long post

Diva Sunny, get some help. This is a serious request. This thread was all about clothes and stuff and you went off on one trying to intellectualise it and make an articulate statement.From this and the discussions you had in the depression thread, Im gunna speculate that you are on the edge of a breakdown or at least severe depressionThe constant justification of yourself here is symptomatic of that despite what you put down as being (which incidentally comes across as you trying to justify yourself to yourself which is incredibly odd). I'm in control of this and control of that. Clearly you arent and you have half admitted it elsewhere.Get some help and whatever counselling and pills are needed to sort that out. If you are living the life, why all the them and me stuff back tracking and lashing out. Something's afoot, so deal with it.Back to the fashion thing, if you havent done a flit, Id quite like some replies to my previous post if you can be arsed cheers.

I don't think he's fascinating really NEWM - he's actually quite boring, if momentarily entertaining on a slow afternoon. He conforms so closely to a stereotype that it's laughable he thinks so highly of himself as some sort of unique thinker. He's a dime-store intellectual, a coffee shop bore in the making. And he really can't understand why people didn't fill in his survey!

I think Flaming_June gets picked on unfairly by people on here, but I very much agree with the quote. People as solipsistic as Flaming_June are the reason I don't enjoy things like tumblr/twitter etc.
Thing is though, he is a bit of a step up from those jerks Loki mentioned, because those shitehawks are desperate for a reaction to that silly facade they put on. June gets that on here in spades. They'd only do it to call him a cunt 600 times, but they would fill in his survey.

loafers.... generally yes.If you're a guy then dont wear them with shorts - or any outfit that makes you look like Charlie Sheen in two and a half men - thats Douchey.Super comfy and look good with leggings.

I don't think the hipster style looks good on many people tbh (it doesn't even seem to be that popular anymore either). I dont spend a lot on my clothes, usually get most of my stuff from H&M and perhaps a couple of t-shirts online. As long as I don't look like a total scruff I don't care.

Archived