Fashion

JohnnyChimpo

Do you care about the latest fashion?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

This is inspired by the little thread derailment in the UKFF Questions thread. Not having a go at RIP Sunny Diva, cause for the record, I don't mind him, and think he is a decent enough chap (when not lost up his own arse - but we all get a little like that sometimes, don't we?). But this statement got sort of surprised me coming from him.

Entirely subjective. People who frequent wrestling boards aren't exactly known for being cool, stylish members of society (as a general rule) so this isn't the place I'll look to for fashion advice. I remember in some jeans thread several of our members stood horrified at the idea of spending more than

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thread, I think.I tend to wear skinny jeans and short sleeve t-shirts. Not your low cut 'boyband' shirts like our friend DivaSunny, more the Primark/Topman kind, just general t-shirts with a bit of a motife on them. I'm a bit tight though, I refuse to spend

I wear what I like that is available and fits in with my general style. This is certainly neither hipster nor black t-shirt - I like shirts, but not tucked in, and jackets but not of the Clarkson variety. T shirts and jeans is fine but if you're dressed identically to everyone around you, that's a bit pointless. I don't think "fashion" is particularly important besides delineating what is around in the shops at any one time. Stylish is stylish regardless of prevailing trends - there's plenty of fashion trends that will never be stylish.

The low neck t-shirt attracts a lot of attention, it's a particularly adept item of clothing for this task. It attracts vitriolic hatred, from those who dress conservatively, or hate hipsters, or think men who wear clothes like that must be 'fags' or 'take it up the ass'. It attracts love (in the form of drunken advances or Facebook likes) from girls who place great importance on image, want a man who seems to take care of himself and has an interest in his appearance (even if you hate the get-up, the person wearing it hasn't just 'thrown it on'), and it takes confidence to wear it, and girls love confidence. Personally, I love the 70s throwbacks of tight, low necked t-shirts and men wearing clothes with necklines that would make girls blush. Robert Plant, the hero of so many, used to wear tight blouses on stage with his skinny jeans.

This is a good example - "low necked t-shirts" or blouses may be in fashion from time to time amongst hipster douchebags, but they'll never EVER be stylish.As a general rule, when you get into your 30s/40s, you'll look back on what you wore in your teens and 20s with some measure of embarrassment. Age really does confer wisdom.

• Paid Members

Good thread, I think.I tend to wear skinny jeans and short sleeve t-shirts. Not your low cut 'boyband' shirts like our friend DivaSunny, more the Primark/Topman kind, just general t-shirts with a bit of a motife on them. I'm a bit tight though, I refuse to spend

• Paid Members

Frankly, I don't give a shit about fashion, I wear smart stuff for work and lounge about in shorts and a T-Shirt or something. Apart from liking Adidas trainers, brands don't mean a thing to me. I thought Flaming June looked alright. A bit like a boyband member coming off a heavy night on the piss but alright. Suspect a bit of green-eyed monster from people on here who are too fat or too old to carry it off!

I went with the second option (as, I see, everyone has so far). I believe in always looking smart and that it's worth spending a lot of money on the important items in my wardrobe like shoes and suits, but I wouldn't say I keep up with the latest fashions simply because a lot of them are so fucking stupid. Skinny jeans? Plimsols? Really?My style tends to be fitted t-shirts, suits (occasionally teamed with jeans and a t-shirt), and a lot of waistcoats. Although I don't follow trends, I've always felt it's good to look at what looks good on somebody with a similar build or sense of style to you and base your look loosely on that. At the minute, it's Gary Barlow and the manband look for me.

• Paid Members

I'm a Burton or Next man myself, I'll usually buy my stuff from there. But on the flipside, if im at home chilling out i'll chuck on a pair of chav trackies and a wrestling shirt or something of equal oversized-ness.

I went for that option too. I don't necessarily think I'm too cool to be cool, I just tend to look at the people wearing all the latest stuff and think they look ridiculous. If it's warm I wear either combat shorts or dickies shorts and either a band tshirt, wrestling tshirt or a short sleeved button down shirt, if it's not, i wear the same on top but with turned up jeans and either a hoodie or Harrington or both. I've dressed like this for years and can't see it changing. I had a moment of freaking out at the age of thirty about wearing chucks and shorts all the time still and whether it looks dumb on a 30 year old, then bumped into my mate Steve from Vanilla Pod/Billy No Mates who's ten years ahead of me, dresses the same and looks ok, and felt reassured.

If I'm at a rockabilly do or a wedding or something I'll make the effort, I've got a couple of retro suits, two-tone wingtips and braces and whatnot and a fedora, I just don't feel the need to be smart that often. And I really don't like most modern suits.

A word about Jeans- Too skinny OR too baggy, either way looks stupid. Just get a pair that fit.

Other recent trends- Jeans with no socks and deck shoes, slash neck shirts, low neck vest tops on guys etc are all ridiculous. If you see it in

, just don't do it.

• Paid Members

I couldn't give a shit. I've never contemplated dressing for season or anything like that except for chucking on some shorts in the summer. I do like a nice and semi-nerdy t-shirt from Last Exit To Nowhere or Sugar Bullets, and I've got a bunch of different jackets and various trousers but I only buy them if they're on sale in Burton. Fuck paying

The whole concept of non-fit clothing is a classic example of something that will never be stylish. There's a reason that tailoring is an elite skill, and clothing is made in all sorts of sizes. Well-fitted clothes always look better than too-tight or too-baggy in the long-term.A good classic-cut suit will last you for years and can be updated with accessories as you go along. There's no room in people's wardrobes for zoot suits or the Alexi Sayle suit beyond a momentary blip in the fashion continuum.

I've perfected being a scruffy, baggy clothed twat.

This is true.

He always struck me as being one of the more "free thinking" members of society. That he was his own man, regardless who it pissed off. And i like that about him. Now he has revealed that he is dictated by the latest trends and is a bit of a sheeple when it comes to who he is, and my whole faith in whats real on the internet has been destroyed.

Apologies for ruining your illusions.In my defence, I did not wear low neck blouse-esque t-shirts because they were 'in', but because I genuinely like them. I later stated that it was because they reminded me of 70s fashion which I love, when low cut tight tops on men were very much in...001cecbf_medium.jpegClearly, it looks better on a ripped, cool looking dude such as Carl Anderson. The reason I stated that it was in fashion was to convey my surprise at the cries of 'ridiculous getup', when while it may be distasteful and ugly to some, it's certainly not a surprising thing to be wearing at the minute.But yes, it easier to wear a more ostentatious piece of clothing like that if it's in. Wear it when it's out of fashion and you get even more stick.

This is a good example - "low necked t-shirts" or blouses may be in fashion from time to time amongst hipster douchebags, but they'll never EVER be stylish.

Why do you judge hipsters at 'douchebags' so immediately - can't you live and let live, and not tar an entire group of people as scum, just because they follow music and fashion.I'll agree, the look isn't classically stylish (though I'd say it's somewhat 'cool' with a dishevelled look in somewhere like a nightclub or at a gig). It doesn't look as swank and timeless as a well fitting black jacket with slim jeans, on a beautifully cut suit, a classic breton long sleeved t-shirt etc, but as a personal choice I much prefer it over ridiculously conventional attire like checkered shirts with straight jeans. What do they say about a person? At least with divisive items you get an opinion positive or negative. You don't blend into the background.

There isn't a valid reason to spend more than

I'll agree, the look isn't classically stylish (though I'd say it's somewhat 'cool' with a dishevelled look in somewhere like a nightclub or at a gig). It doesn't look as swank and timeless as a well fitting black jacket with slim jeans, on a beautifully cut suit, a classic breton long sleeved t-shirt etc, but as a personal choice I much prefer it over ridiculously conventional attire like checkered shirts with straight jeans. What do they say about a person? At least with divisive items you get an opinion positive or negative. You don't blend into the background.There is. It's insanely difficult for most people to find jeans that really suit them, rather than that just look OK. Often (not always) the more expensive pairs have a much better chance of pulling off the rest of your look with style. I'm not saying only look at expensive jeans; one of my favourite pairs is a

Archived