Who has had their teeth whitened?

JohnnyChimpo

• Paid Members

Having genuinely kicked the fags now, I am thinking about getting my pearly whites back to being a bit more pearlier white-ier. As most people will know, smoking causes a little discoloration of your teeth, and while its something I had never really thought about before, someone mentioned it to be the other day and got me thinking. Getting it done professionally seems a touch on the expensive side for something that I wasn't that bothered with to begin with, so I was thinking more along the lines of a DIY home kit you can get in places like Boots etc. But was hoping to hear from the masses what their recommendations are, the do's and dont's, or the plain 'don't do it, they make your teeth fall out' type replies. Do people have recommendations? Or am I just a big fanny for wanting to talk about teeth whitening and should take my vain questions elsewhere?

• Paid Members

Why dont you just get some tooth whitening tothpaste from a chemists? Sensodyne and Cordosyl do rather effective brands, may take a litle while longer but it will work out cheaper Im sure.

If you sign up to a lot of private dental plans, you get a twice-yearly 'clean and polish', where they clean your teeth up and scrape off all the crap, and generally improve them. It's not as good as professional whitening, but you do see improvement and I always feel a lot fresher for a few days after having it done.

use crest whitestrips.Can't buy them in this country except via ebay. But they are sold in the USA, and work v well.put some strips on your teeth for 30mins in morning & evening, for 2 weeks, then you'll have nice teeth for a year, just like Ross

• Paid Members

If you sign up to a lot of private dental plans, you get a twice-yearly 'clean and polish', where they clean your teeth up and scrape off all the crap, and generally improve them. It's not as good as professional whitening, but you do see improvement and I always feel a lot fresher for a few days after having it done.

Yeah, I was getting a scale and polish done the other day. I asked the dentist about whitening while I was there, he said; *SMUG ALERT* that I have perfect dental hygiene *SMUGNESS FINISHED* and that I would be a perfect candiate for whitening, as while it does erode parts of your tooth, it would only be a minimal amount and not have any negative effect on me. Which is what got me thinking about it all to begin with.

I assume thats the same as going to see a hygenist - which on the NHS is about 27 quid, definately worth it and yeah much cheaper than professional whitening

Wait, you mean the guy who was trying to get you to spend more money flattered and complimented you?Well I never....

Your words cut through me like a hot knife through butter Chest.
He's being a big bully today :omg: I discovered from my last trip to the dentist that you can brush your teeth itoo much and actually wear the enamel down which makes them look yellower. I've used a hard brush for years but fuck that, I've got a super soft girlie one now.

• Paid Members

I've been using this stuff for the past few days.

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?h...ved=0CEAQ8wIwAA

Got it quite cheap from Wilkinsons and I have to admit it's actually really good. Leaves my mouth much fresher than normal toothpaste as well.

The problem i have is that I sleep with my mouth open, which makes my mouth taste like shit in the morning. This stuff has really helped and it's definitely helped my teeth become a whiter shade.

Archived