Starting a Wrestling Society

MindGrrind

Canterbury also has a fucking PIRATE society. I wouldn't worry too much about what people think, just do it. And if you do start it up, you could run little trips out to the IPW shows in Sittingbourne, the Hammerlock shows etc.. Also, in a blatant plug for my mate's boozer, get yourself down the Lady Luck. There's plenty of us down there that like wrestling and aren't (too) weird.

Will do, i've passed it many a time and thought it looked right up my street. Been putting it off as any 'alt' bars back home are very cliquey, but sounds promising.
It's got its cliquey element like anywhere but it's pretty friendly. Kinda shit late on on a fri or a sat as it's the last place open and fills up with drunks, but the rest of the time it's pretty cool. Good food, decent jukebox, and plenty of wrestling fans. Drop me a line if you're about sometime and I can introduce you around. Me and the lady are in there most of the time, as she runs a shop just up the road. She'll happily chat about wrestling all night!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Canterbury also has a fucking PIRATE society. I wouldn't worry too much about what people think, just do it. And if you do start it up, you could run little trips out to the IPW shows in Sittingbourne, the Hammerlock shows etc.. Also, in a blatant plug for my mate's boozer, get yourself down the Lady Luck. There's plenty of us down there that like wrestling and aren't (too) weird.

If it has a pirate society, then everything else that has gone on in this thread can be forgotten. A wrestling society certainly won't be the uncoolest thing and therefore I would wholeheartedley suggest starting one up

was thinking of trying this but thought against it in the end, though i met quite a few "closet" fans through the Rock and Metal society which i eventually help run in the last year. i actually met two of my housemates and great mates through a love of wrestling, and we got a lil group going in our last year, splitting the ppvs between us on box office....great fun.EDIT: we had a pirate society too and there were a few fans there too, though it was mainly crossover from the RockSoc

Will do, i've passed it many a time and thought it looked right up my street. Been putting it off as any 'alt' bars back home are very cliquey, but sounds promising.
It's got its cliquey element like anywhere but it's pretty friendly. Kinda shit late on on a fri or a sat as it's the last place open and fills up with drunks, but the rest of the time it's pretty cool. Good food, decent jukebox, and plenty of wrestling fans. Drop me a line if you're about sometime and I can introduce you around. Me and the lady are in there most of the time, as she runs a shop just up the road. She'll happily chat about wrestling all night!
Nice one, i'll most likely be checking it out in a week or so, so i'll message you then. Do they put anything on at Halloween?

Nice one, i'll most likely be checking it out in a week or so, so i'll message you then. Do they put anything on at Halloween?
Yeah, there's a whole weekend of stuff organised. Their FB page has all the details!

Archived