The Post A Pic Of Yourself Thread V2

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Good stuff, are the tattoo conventions any good? moved to essex recently and wanna go to one but not sure which (if any) are good to go to.

I think they are great. It's a good opportunity to be introduced to artists that you may not have heard of and see their work first hand and the vibe is great, you meet some awesome people.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

179560_3984912471798_1550348259_33256721_818236255_n.jpg

Grinning like a hyperactive child at being allowed to roam freely through the remains of the old ABC cinema in Mansfield. Pearl & Dean T-shirt worn especially for the occassion.

• Paid Members

Grinning like a hyperactive child at being allowed to roam freely through the remains of the old ABC cinema in Mansfield. Pearl & Dean T-shirt worn especially for the occassion.

I hope you took a ton of pictures? And of yourself ;)

• Paid Members

That's the old Ascot Cinema. The flats are at least vaguely the same colour and texture as the front, and look better than what they did with the Odeon Isleworth.

You know your shit mofo. I was thinking about starting a British architecture thread showing off each cities or town's "unknown" gems. I don't know if there would be much demand for it on here though.

TGSA00310_m.jpg

I'd be game for that. It's an interesting area, particularly when you realise that you remember architecturally significant buildings that no longer exist.

• Paid Members

Would it be a 'what it looks like now' or just a general british architecture appreciation thread? Or maybe combine the two?

I know I'm not the only explorer on here, and the island is packed with still standing iconic architecture.

Are they doing anything with it then? Making the Rileys bigger?

Edited by FoxDie

• Paid Members

Nope, upstairs is just sitting as the remains of the cinema (which is pretty trashed). Even if the cost of renovating it weren't so prohibitive, there's no real stairs to get up there anymore, and the floor is sloping.