The Post A Pic Of Yourself Thread V2

tiger_rick

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Only THE GREATEST GIG OF ALL TIME. Highlights included an impromptu rendition of Santa Claus is coming to town with a pissed as a fart bloke dressed as Father Christmas joining him on stage, and a duet of Waiting on a Sunny Day with a 12 year old girl he plucked out of the audience. It went about 3 and a half hours and it was all killer - no filler with hardly time to breathe before songs. Just an amazing, amazing gig, no matter how much the weather and Manchester's dire traffic tried to ruin it. I think me and Frankie rather gayly described it as "Life affirming". The people's reaction to Thunder Road was something to behold.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Herbie having a mare again.

I just can't believe people actually like Bruce Springsteen. At first I assumed they were doing it ironically - like the way people sing along with Meatloaf or Right Said Fred - but it's all just a laugh & they'd never listen to them in their own time. But then I found out they were serious and it confused me. He's brutal on every level. I just assumed everyone had him in the same category as Bryan Adams & John Cougar Mellencamp. AKA Denim-rock; Bandanas, Americans flags, bald eagles, denim jackets, cowboy hats, clichéd lyrics about trains rolling into town, being down & out on the streets, clocks striking midnight, life being tough, etc. All sorts of lame stuff.

This is a true story - a few days before Xmas 2014 I was driving in my wife's car somewhere, and she had the radio on Xmas FM, so I left it on. Some horrid ear-cancer of a song came on - it was an out-of-tune gruff lametard singing a denim-rock version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" - I actually pulled over to Shazam it because it was so bad. I had to know who it was. And yes - it was Bruce.

Edited by herbie747

• Moderators

American Flags and Bald Eagles? You'll have to explain that one, and if you mention Born in the USA you're about a million miles off the mark. Anyway, needless to say the themes of his music (which is a massively varied 40 year plus career) don't really match up with your views of what he output is. He's a brilliant act who's also written some tremendous songs for others, Because The Night being a fine example. Although, to be honest, I'm the fool here as you're just trying to get a reaction and I've given you one. More fool me. Next time I'll ban you to save face.

Edited by PowerButchi