The Post A Pic Of Yourself Thread V2

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Classy bins! Like 'em. I've started with contacts this week as I happened to see Specsavers offering a free month of them. I've never bothered before because I imagined there would be a lot of hassle and I quite liked the look of my glasses, they make me look like I know what I'm doing. I'll be damned though if I haven't found them a breeze. There was some initial physical resistance to poking myself in the eye, but I believe that's natural. There's also the odd sensation of wanting to put your specs on even though you can see clearly about every ten minutes or so to start with, but it passes. Until the next day.

• Paid Members

Thanks guys! I've had glasses for a while but never wore them so I'm a bit self-conscious in these at the moment. They're only for reading/computer work though so I should get used to them pretty quick although I'm finding them quite heavy on my nose compared to my old ones. The ones in the picture are Replay (not heard of the brand before) and I also have a pair of very similar Converse ones (2-for-1 in Specsavers). I hadn't had my eyes tested in about 8 years but glad I did because not only has my prescription changed but I apparently have quite high pressure behind my eyes and have been referred for a glaucoma assessment.

Gmoney, I've only ever tried special effect contact lenses but, once I'd tried them out once or twice, I soon got the hang of them. They came with a little pair of tweezers with rubber on the ends so it was easier to remove the lenses using those. If you have any problems I'd definitely recommend trying to get a pair rather than scratching your eyeball to shit.

Edited by Monkee

• Paid Members

The Replay ones are part-metal (plastic frame, metal arms) but the Converse ones are all plastic. I went for the Replay ones as my main pair because they look more professional for work and I had the anti-glare coating. The Converse ones are brighter and more casual.

• Paid Members

Are they plastic or metal frames? I've recently got a plastic set after having always worn metal. I really like them but they seem to stretch out and get loose much easier. I've had to get them refitted twice already....

For this reason, I wear moulded plastic frames at work (where I won't be doing anything too remotely physical) and flexible metal/plastic frames at home so they won't break when my kids constantly wrestle me on a daily basis. I've only been wearing glasses regularly for just under a year. My first prescription was about 8 years ago but I could never be bothered to wear them. Then about a year ago I thought I might as well make the most of the free test at work and only then did I realise how badly I needed glasses. I have no idea how I managed to go without them for so long.

• Paid Members

I've always liked women who wear glasses. Just after we started dating, my wife told me she there was something I didn't know about her and she wondered how I'd take it. Panicking, I was looking at the size of her hands, trying to see if she had an Adam's apple and any trace of stubble. She sheepishly told me she wore glasses. Now this was the early 90's, and specs were looked at a little different then, but the relief that she didn't have a little extra was amazing. What was also amazing was that I was punching way above my weight, and she thought glasses would put this overweight, poorly employed riff raff off her.

Your specs look great, wear them with pride.