Raw discussion - 3/10/11

METAL ON METAL

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
What a pleb. That will NEVER hold up in court. WWE has hundreds of people trying out per year that don't get hired. There could have been a million reasons why a fat bloke with a reseeding hairline wasn't getting hired. All WWE would need to do is tell the court X-Pac is a regular trainer down in their feeder promotion to show they don't discriminate against Hepatitis C sufferers.
He got told that was the reason though, it says:

On August 28, he received a letter that rescinded the contract offer. Subsequently, Ty Bailey of WWE talent relations called him and said that the changes was not because of Nicholson's illness per se, but because he would not be able to get licensed in the five states that ban wrestlers with Hepatitis C from competing.

He should never be anywhere near a WWE ring because he's fucking shit, not because he has Hep C.I liked the ending to Raw. Of course, it made absolutely no sense at all but I don't care because:-1) If they've all walked out at least we won't get ANOTHER Kelly / Eve v Phoenix / Natalya match.2) Somebody was holding a Harlem Heat sign behind Barrett.I'm easily entertained.

• Paid Members

Is that why a middle aged Mexican women can still get more heat than pretty much all of WWE's mid card and even more than ADR, I just watched that segment on utube where they're all in the ring, the difference in crowd reaction to when the mid carders (plus ADR) and Vickie is on the mic is worrying.

Vickie has got more heat than pretty much the entire roster for years now though. She is a great heel. And Ziggler, Swagger etc. have only really just started to come out their shell and get out of the rut they were in. It'll take time for the fans to grow to love to hate them. And ADR gets a starnge response because he should be more hated than he is by the live crowd but because WWE keep fucking around with his push they don't seem to be able to work out if he's a mid card John Cena fodder or a legit main eventer.

From watching it it looks like the cameramen and referees have a legitimate reason to walk out, the heels walked out because they want things their own way and by fucking hhh off they might get someone in like vickie gurrerro to take over and she would obviously be more pro heel etc. What i don't get is why the faces walked out as well, if anything i thought the likes of jomo who were almost the last ones there and were seen debating whether to stay or not might have hung around... but why the fuck was jim ross the last one to walk out?So many questions and yet with it being the wwe they seem logical questions rather than the ones you're left with when watching tna most of the time.

Jim Ross was the last one to walk so the viewer at home is left thinking "wow this must be bad, even JR is walking out'. All the wrestlers have been selling the angle on twitter as well. Which I think is new?

Jim Ross was the last one to walk so the viewer at home is left thinking "wow this must be bad, even JR is walking out'. All the wrestlers have been selling the angle on twitter as well. Which I think is new?

I understand the thinking of ''wow this must be bad, even JR is walking out'' but if anything ross should have stayed wher ehe was lets not forget it was hhh who brought ross back into the raw commentary team after vince had bombed him out..the biggest question really is where do the likes of punk and cena stand on this do they support their fellow workers or side with hhh over the rest of the roster?.

Punk and cena to challenge miz and truth to a match at vengeance, stopping the run ins. Nash runs in on that, setting up cena/rock team at survivor series

This all makes no sense! HHH was the heel to CM Punk's face, but now the entire roster, staff and announce team are being booed by the fans and HHH is cheered? This surely can't be what they had in mind.This makes TNA's Immortal storyline look like Chaucer.

This all makes no sense! HHH was the heel to CM Punk's face, but now the entire roster, staff and announce team are being booed by the fans and HHH is cheered? This surely can't be what they had in mind.This makes TNA's Immortal storyline look like Chaucer.

Triple H wasn't a heel to Punk though, not really. That's a huge part of the reason why the crowds cooled down on Punk. Ripping the piss out of Cena and Vince was fan-friendly to a large part of the audience, ripping on the beloved Triple H turned a lot of fans against him.

Agreed. The whole thing has been a bit of a clusterfuck. On the one hand, there's a feeling of "anything can happen" which has been missing for years, on the other hand nobody knows who to cheer for!

• Paid Members

Yeah this angle may be messy but it's alot more interesting and exciting than the usual automatic drive they are on, where it's just "Cena has a challenger, challenger stares down Cena from the ramp to end the show, the week after challenegr attacks Cena, the week after Cena makes poopy jokes about him, then there is a match and Cena wins or he loses and then wins next month" shite they've been doing for what feels like a million years now.

It's a bit of a clusterfuck but at least it's a fresh clusterfuck.

The main problem I have with it is it's so manufactured. Wrestlers are attacking each other backstage, wrestlers who get fired are somehow getting into the shows and causing trouble, and all of this is down to Triple H being in charge. Unless someone watched wrestling up until about 1982 and then didn't watch it again until the night after Money in the Bank 2011, the concept of the show having fallen into chaos under HHH's reign must ring hollow for every single viewer.The nonsense and inconsistency of it all as far as who's on whose side and who's a heel/face is probably the bigger problem just in terms of telling a decent story, though. But it's all part of the same thing. Mark Henry has spent the last five months attacking people, breaking legs, smashing cages, throwing technicians over desks and so on. And yet he's there nodding along as Jerry Lawler, whose arse Henry bloodied, complains about Triple H losing control. Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne spat their dummies presumably just because Miz and R-Truth attacked them at the pay-per-view, but surely fighting them for revenge is the babyface way rather than walking off all sad. The entire exchange with Wade Barrett was bizarre as Rumble Bulldog, with HHH easily pointing out how silly Barrett was being considering what he was doing a year ago. It's like that bit was set up purely to make the current storyline look stupid. It's like someone else said in the thread, it feels as though they've jumped way ahead in the story. Nothing has justified the vote of no confidence from everyone, it's all been business as usual, with the possible exception of the R-Truth and Miz thing which has affected very few people.PMDW mentioned that Triple H said the same thing, that the talent has gone to shit when they're walking out over such silly things. But is that what we're meant to think too, that everyone except Cena, Sheamus and Orton is a crybaby fanny?The whole roster doing the no-confidence walkout on Raw undercuts the Otunga group as well, for me. They've only had about a week of build-up and now everyone else is against Triple H anyway.

Archived