New/returning TV shows discussion

kev2050

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched both first eps of The Secret Circle and Ringer now.

I thought they were both ok and will watch the next episodes. The Secret Circle is maybe a bit too teeny for me, but I'll see where it goes. I thought Ringer was pretty good, and liked the little twist at the end, but Sarah Michelle Gellars voice really annoys me for some reason.

I watched the first two episodes of that Fresh Meat last night, comedy-drama by the writers of Peep Show about university first years. It's.... I don't know what it is. I'll stick with it to the end of the series, but there's something off about it. And the "flatmate nobody ever sees" thing was done in the university sitcom that was on BBC3 a couple of years back.

I watched the first two episodes of that Fresh Meat last night, comedy-drama by the writers of Peep Show about university first years. It's.... I don't know what it is. I'll stick with it to the end of the series, but there's something off about it. And the "flatmate nobody ever sees" thing was done in the university sitcom that was on BBC3 a couple of years back.

I thought the exact same thing, the one which had Jay from Inbetweeners in it on BBC 3. I've managed to be surprised by Jack Whitehall, who I usually detest, has actually been my favourite character in this by a mile. ''High motherfucking thread count'' was probably his best moment so far. Also Oregon is extremely fit. I think I'll continue watching till the end, its an easy way to waste an hour and its not heavy in the slightest. I can't see it coming back for a second run at the moment though. Also the production of this has put back Peep Show until mid 2012 :(

Just watched Secret Circle on SKY Go; is it supposed to have ended as soon as Cassie got told

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

she's a witch

[close spoiler]

");document.close();, or did the stream just fuck up and restart itself?

Nope, you've missed about half an episode.

Watched the first two episodes of Ringer so far from torrent. Seems like a very good concept and will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Might give Broadwalk Empire another go, that was good for the first half dozen episodes or so then I lost interest in it to be honest.

Also Big Bang Theory is back on for season 4, so "bazzinga"

Yes Big Bang Theory is hilarious especially Sheldon it wouldn't be anything without the Sheldon character, anyone know when the new season of Eastbound & Down is going to start and any idea when the new seasons of Family Guy and Big Bang Theory are going to happen ?

• Awards Moderator

Watched Terra Nova tonight, loved it. Lots of questions and things to wonder about but really enjoyable first two episodes with great concept and characters.

Anyone know if/when Alcatraz starts here? That's the other new show from America I want to catch this year.

Watched Terra Nova tonight, loved it. Lots of questions and things to wonder about but really enjoyable first two episodes with great concept and characters.

Anyone know if/when Alcatraz starts here? That's the other new show from America I want to catch this year.

Alcatraz airs in the usa in jan not sure on uk date

• Awards Moderator

Alcatraz airs in the usa in jan not sure on uk date

Oh right, thought it was one of the new autumn shows. No worries about missing it yet, then. Cheers.

Archived