Booking challenge: Make Daniel Bryan credible again.

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
I hope Dexter sees that post.

I think you hate him more than me. I have to admire that.

Fully behind NEWM's idea. Ron Simmons' idea sounds like the kind of terrible clusterfuck nonsense that if the WWE really did book it that everyone would complain about them booking.

Personally I'd have them try and replicate his ROH run when he was champion and have him slowly and subtly turn heel. Give him the IC title to do it with or something.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats an amazing idea. Buzz Kill and Scott Hall can come down to the ring to lift him on their shoulders as well. Sid then gets a spin-off fishing show on cable channel UK Conquest.

they aren't stupid and I'm guessing at WM he cashes in and wins

That would be stupid, after jobbing him out all year.

He's hardly jobbed out all year, besides the fact there's an art to losing and he's hardly looked like Lombardi

• Paid Members

I mentioned an idea last week, was more for Sheamus than Bryan but I think it'd do wonders for both.

Basically, Sheamus and Bryan pal up on Smackdown. Start with a random tag match and develop that into some backstage promo's, perhaps even skits of the two of them fishing, taking in a baseball game, Irish dancing and spotting each other in the gym.

Sheamus would then beat Mark Henry in a tag match between Sheamus/Bryan vs. Henry/Christian. Henry would see Sheamus as the biggest threat to his title in the run-up to the Royal Rumble. With Sheamus in the final 2 in the Rumble, Henry comes out and costs him his spot. Henry then destroys Bryan and puts him out of WrestleMania. Bryan gets the last laugh as from his wheelchair, he hands over his MITB suitcase to Sheamus, setting up Sheamus title win at WM.

Bryan then comes back after WM and Sheamus gives him a shot. I'd then go down the Orton-Christian route. Couple of face vs. face matches leading to Bryan being frustrated at not winning and turning on Sheamus.

I mentioned an idea last week, was more for Sheamus than Bryan but I think it'd do wonders for both.

Basically, Sheamus and Bryan pal up on Smackdown. Start with a random tag match and develop that into some backstage promo's, perhaps even skits of the two of them fishing, taking in a baseball game, Irish dancing and spotting each other in the gym.

Sheamus would then beat Mark Henry in a tag match between Sheamus/Bryan vs. Henry/Christian. Henry would see Sheamus as the biggest threat to his title in the run-up to the Royal Rumble. With Sheamus in the final 2 in the Rumble, Henry comes out and costs him his spot. Henry then destroys Bryan and puts him out of WrestleMania. Bryan gets the last laugh as from his wheelchair, he hands over his MITB suitcase to Sheamus, setting up Sheamus title win at WM.

Bryan then comes back after WM and Sheamus gives him a shot. I'd then go down the Orton-Christian route. Couple of face vs. face matches leading to Bryan being frustrated at not winning and turning on Sheamus.

I did see your idea and thought it was interesting. Whether it would kill Bryan or work beautifully would depend on the execution, but its certainly logical and different.

In fact throw in a tag reign and that could work wonders.

It's not necessarily going to be Main Event, but I think Bryan needs to have a 3-way fued with Swagger and Kidd ala Jericho/Benoit/Angle from 2000/2001 (Facing each other in individual fueds as well as triple threats). It would be fued of the year, in my opinion, and the matches would be incredible.

• Paid Members
He's hardly jobbed out all year, besides the fact there's an art to losing and he's hardly looked like Lombardi

We used to get to see Lombardi wrestle unlike Daniel Bryan. Make all the excuses you want, but he's a man carrying around a World title shot. If you think he's losing in an artistic fashion, your mental.

• Paid Members

The non net fans think Bryan is boring, a nerd and isn't good enough to hang with the main event. It's the case with most of the midcard, but WWE have really done their best to make it hard for Bryan to get that over. His mini Goldberg run in the mid card proved he is capable of getting people behind him, just when things were going well WWE decided to team him up with the Bella's and that storyline pretty much killed all their/his good work.

Bryan has the tools to be a great upper midcard type, putting on great matches. Just a shame he's one in a long line of WWEs current mental way of pushing new guys.

you need not do that much until the rumble, its still too early. have him continue his current run then, out of the blue, have a brilliant run in the rumble match but not have him win. start him on a feud with the heel thats eliminated him from the rumble or a big heel he hs eliminated in the build up to 'Mania and have him go over the aforementioned heel at 'Mania early in the card all the while paying no attention the brief case.

have a separate feud running over the World Championship and as that match is about to start have Bryan cash his brief case in to make it a triple threat match.... which then gives the crowd a whole new reason to be interested in that match and not care more about Rock/Cena will a Miami crowd will undoubtably do.

• Paid Members

*UPDATE*

It's a three way battle right now for these:

qs.jpg

Some great suggestions and some good debate as well. I think Ian's got it spot on that there just isn't really a place for him right now with such a stacked upper mid-card and beyond. I definately think he's got potential, I even think WWE do actually have something in line for him, but right now they've got other priorities.

I always liked his tap or snap slogan he coined during his initial NXT run. I'm surprised they never really tried to push on with that. It would've at least shifted a T-shirt or two I think. The company obviously want him around, they didn't rehire him and hand him one of the briefcases for nothing. His time will come soon enough.

Id personally love to see him build up as a Mikey Whipwreck style quick win...let me explain...

Bryan is never going to be a " big" man. So they have chosen the " submission expert" gimmick with him. Id love to see him dismantle big, big guys, top guys, with out of the blue submission from any angle. Eg...

Bryan gets the shite beaten out of him by kane. Kane goes for the chokeslam, bryan reverses into an armbar and taps in seconds.

The next week, Mark Henry does the same...goes for Strongest Slam - Bryan reverses into a gillotine for a quick tap.

This could go on for a few weeks...facing big heels and getting out 0of the blue submission wins. It would build him up as a credible threat.

Archived