Twitter - You on it? Version 2.0

Snake Plissken

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Has anyone had any cryptic messages this morning from that idiot Super Cena? He's @Benjiman_4 - got some DM about some spam iPad3 thing on Facebook, so I don't know if he's been hacked or sent it to the wrong person or something. I don't even remember fucking adding him on Twitter, clearly I went mental on that particular day.

I got retweeted by CM Punk at the weekend and within 48 hours I got 160+ retweets, 70+ favourites (though I'm not sure what that actually means), gained 24 more followers, and got around 15 replies from people who missed the sarcasm in my tweet and told me the answer to my rhetorical question.

• Paid Members
... and got around 15 replies from people who missed the sarcasm in my tweet and told me the answer to my rhetorical question.

You really brought down a mong-throng upon yourself. Look at this beauty:

I know Dumbass that's not what I said I said that he's being rude cuz he is a athirst

Why do you (any of you) inflict it on yourselves? I really don't understand how it's any way palatable to compel yourselves to engage in conversation with brain-deads.

... and got around 15 replies from people who missed the sarcasm in my tweet and told me the answer to my rhetorical question.

You really brought down a mong-throng upon yourself. Look at this beauty:

I know Dumbass that's not what I said I said that he's being rude cuz he is a athirst

Why do you (any of you) inflict it on yourselves? I really don't understand how it's any way palatable to compel yourselves to engage in conversation with brain-deads.
The missed sarcasm was from people meaning well who informed me that there actually is an Unfollow option.The angry brain-deads however are easy to gloss over because you don't get notifications when someone who you don't follow sends you a tweet.I just scrolled through a series of those, only replying to 2 people who asked "Who gives a shit what you think?!" by pointing out that they cared enough to tell me they don't care.

• Paid Members
The angry brain-deads however are easy to gloss over because you don't get notifications when someone who you don't follow sends you a tweet.

I suppose I'm tetchy about it because at times I feel forced to engage in talk with people who aren't smart enough to know how stupid they are. Just yesterday I had to deal with an email from Spain from someone saying that he and his girlfriend were thinking of leaving Spain and asking a charity for whom I volunteer for help with job-hunting in London. Why? Well, we're the, say, British Association of Trainspotters (we aren't!) and he's from a trainspotting club in Spain, and so ...

I shudder at the thought of opening myself up to even more of it via Twitter. Yuck.

• 1 month later...

Archived