Vintage football shit

IANdrewDiceClay

Oh and something I've just remembered please, please tell me someone remembers the sheets of kit tabs you'd get at the start of each season (not sure where they were from, possibly match) but they were just little kits you'd pop out of the sheet. I used to love em, think i'd do like FA Cup draws with em and somehow decide a winner. Ah, childhood

I remember those bad boys. There must have been a good 3 or 4 seasons in the mid-90s I kept every English and Scottish League up to date for the entire year.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The worst football game known to man. A true abortion.

51XpG2b0nuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

champions-world-class-soccer-ss05.jpg

This never played like it looked in the advert. Subbuteo was way better.

pic50777_t.jpg

There's a really funny review on Ryan Giggs World Class Soccer on Youtube somewhere, it involves one of the two lads picking Afghanistan and the ball sounding like lead. Was an awful game though, except for the bloke who looked like Jim Rosenthal doing the pre-match stuff.

• Paid Members
Speaking of Ryan Giggs anyone remember the Ryan Giggs sunball? I can't find a picture anywhere but it was one of those cheap fly away balls connected to a bit of string.

I was going to post that in my OP. I still have it, but the glasses came off. There seems to be no pictures of it anywhere. Its a yellow ball with Bret Hart shades attached to it. It was hours of fun. Came out around 96-97 I believe.

No Love for this

1258461979-00.jpg

Had it on the Commodore 64 was brilliant computer game/board game hybrid. Well at least the 6 year old in me thought so

I had those Esso Medals, they were great and also the Tomy Football thing was also superb, except it ate batteries like a mofo and had a glut load of Subbuteo, inc European Goals, Spring loaded keepers, Throw in and Free Kickers and stuff excellent. Nailed the pitch on to some chip board and had it permenantly laid out in the attic. Awesome times

My Bro had some italian game where the players were on springs and had little divots around them where you had to flick the ball to the other divots which was quite cool, and it was all hosted in its own stadium to boot

• Paid Members

I was trying for ages yesterday to remember the name of the 'Ryan Giggs ball and sunglasses' and searched for hours. Fucking Sun Ball. Can't find any pictures now that I know the name of it either.

This was constantly played in my bedroom on repeat for hours when I was a kid. :music:

51EULjgcooL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Paid Members

Any kid who had a Megadrive usually got this in of of those 6-in-1 cartridges which contained World Cup Italia '90.

italia90megadrive.jpg

genesis_world_cup_italia_90_2.gif

italia90.jpg

A game where fouls didn't exist and whenever you received the ball, the little arrow made you look like some kind of peacock running up the wing. Hours of fun were had.

Archived