ROH BACK ON TV!

markyyboyy

• Paid Members
Really, or I wouldn't have said it. And moreover, it not being the finish is mega stupid. Also, WGTT's Hart Attack as a finish was anti-climatic to be honest after stuff through the match like a big swing into a kick to the head and stuff. But from what I've seen from WGTT all their finishes are a bit like that.

Yeah, I was annoyed that it wasnt the finish, but to be honest it didn't rank highly for me on the contrived spot o meter after they blew it up with the double dragon screw and that "double submission" spot right at the start. Very confusing that after clearly trying to shout "we're innovators" over and over with their bullshit they finished with such a staple.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, I just wanna see some good matches when it comes to ROH, so I can take the out of sync stories.

EDIT: Oh, and the only person who has ever made a Butterfly Suplex look proper good is Ric Flair. O'Reilly looks like he's getting dropped on his head repeatedly. That guy is pretty good too. Why the need for that?

• Paid Members
I'm surprised at Cornette the most. This cant be his idea of what a wrestling promotion should be? He worked and learned from the likes of Jerry Jarrett, Bob Armstrong, Jim Crockett, Ole Anderson and all those lot.

You're completely right, and deep down he can't believe in this clap trap.

In recent years though, he's become head cheerleader for whatever company he's currently working for. Give it a few months and he'll be sat beside Sean Oliver slagging off ROH like he currently does with TNA.

• Paid Members
In recent years though, he's become head cheerleader for whatever company he's currently working for.

Recent years?

He was the same when he was slagging off WCW when worked for the WWF in the 90's, the fat pleb has always been a whore for whoever is paying him.

Actually that's true.

I still love Corny though.

The fucking AA being contrived...have you seen how big Cena is? Have you seen what it's compared to? Absolute mong.

I absolutely agree with the 'look, we're so clever' attitude of ROH fans.

I'm glad Ian said about ROH being a vanity project and that the style of wrestling rarely pays off too. Why do people do it when it just doesn't make money? To make up for their shortcomings in height, weight, charisma and understanding of wrestling I suppose.

ROH is pretty wank.

The fucking AA being contrived...have you seen how big Cena is? Have you seen what it's compared to? Absolute mong.

I absolutely agree with the 'look, we're so clever' attitude of ROH fans.

I'm glad Ian said about ROH being a vanity project and that the style of wrestling rarely pays off too. Why do people do it when it just doesn't make money? To make up for their shortcomings in height, weight, charisma and understanding of wrestling I suppose.

ROH is pretty wank.

A few things.

I think there's a few guys that could do something in bigger leagues in ROH so I think yer theory on why people do it is a bit harsh. In most instances, you're probably right. Lack of understanding is probably the biggest issue though. There are a bunch of moments which make you think "why?" in almost all ROH matches. The ones that get me the most are the ones done by guys who don't NEED to do it. The likes of Kenny King, Eddie Edwards and Kyle O'Reilly don't need that shit because they're actually pretty fucking good. They throw it out anyways, because they don't know better.

• Paid Members
In recent years though, he's become head cheerleader for whatever company he's currently working for.

Recent years?

He was the same when he was slagging off WCW when worked for the WWF in the 90's, the fat pleb has always been a whore for whoever is paying him.

To be fair, it's his job. It doesn't make him a whore.

That's like saying every actor who appears in an advertisement but doesn't actually buy the product it's selling is a whore.

But the guys who would make it in WWE are the guys who I thought would. I don't expect Tyler Black to be a success and I'm quite baffled by having him. Are they trying to make him an alternative hero like Jeff Hardy and CM Punk?

For Castagnoli, Bryan and Punk I sensed greater things. For Hero I don't. For Richards I don't. I suppose Joe kinda made it in TNA and I loved him in '05 when he came in but it might have been difficult to forsee him seeming to become a bit lazy. I thought he was alright in ROH but wouldn't have expected him to become TNA champ until seeing him in his first few months in TNA.

But the guys who would make it in WWE are the guys who I thought would. I don't expect Tyler Black to be a success and I'm quite baffled by having him. Are they trying to make him an alternative hero like Jeff Hardy and CM Punk?

I've always been a huge critic of Tyler Black. Even by ROH's standards, he was fairly poor. A good opponent could get a lot out of him, but he's a charismaless non-entity really.

For Castagnoli, Bryan and Punk I sensed greater things. For Hero I don't. For Richards I don't. I suppose Joe kinda made it in TNA and I loved him in '05 when he came in but it might have been difficult to forsee him seeming to become a bit lazy. I thought he was alright in ROH but wouldn't have expected him to become TNA champ until seeing him in his first few months in TNA.

You'll notice I've been critical of Hero, and I just have zero hope for Richards going further. Which is why I didn't mention them. I DO think Ciampa, The Briscoes, Kenny King and Elgin can go further. That's about it though. There's others who I think are brilliant in the ring, but just don't have the character for it.

Archived