Web Content Management Systems

mikey

I had a website ages ago and used Mambo. I didn't find it super-friendly but when I worked out what I was doing, I managed to customise somebody else's template and make a website I was somewhat happy with. However, as far as I can see, Mambo's pretty much dead and everybody's using Joomla, which I find to be much harder to use despite being supposedly more user-friendly. Which CMS should I be using?

I want to create a website for a sports agency with the ability for people to sign up to the site so I can build a database of users. However, it needs to be customisable enough so I can do my own site design. Joomla doesn't seem to be it. If not, which one is?

I had a website ages ago and used Mambo. I didn't find it super-friendly but when I worked out what I was doing, I managed to customise somebody else's template and make a website I was somewhat happy with. However, as far as I can see, Mambo's pretty much dead and everybody's using Joomla, which I find to be much harder to use despite being supposedly more user-friendly. Which CMS should I be using?

I want to create a website for a sports agency with the ability for people to sign up to the site so I can build a database of users. However, it needs to be customisable enough so I can do my own site design. Joomla doesn't seem to be it. If not, which one is?

There are several out there, word press, magento etc etc but what you want sounds pretty specific and more complex than a standard site. the best thing to do is speak to and work with a web programmer and they can set you something up. They can be dirt cheap, my web design companies use a few guys from India who are awesome.

To find one use a outsourcing site like elance, or alternatively if you want to try it on your own wait for a few guys on here to make recommendations.

• Paid Members

I was going to mention Joomla!, which is what I'm using to power a site that I'm working on, but since you're already aware of it ...

Don't get me wrong, it was extremely frustrating for the first couple of hours, but now that I've cracked it it's proving to be easy to work with.

I was going to mention Joomla!, which is what I'm using to power a site that I'm working on, but since you're already aware of it ...

Don't get me wrong, it was extremely frustrating for the first couple of hours, but now that I've cracked it it's proving to be easy to work with.

I just want a blank canvas to start with and no matter what I delete and what I remove, it still has the default Joomla page. I uploaded a new theme and it won't change to that theme. Also, I submitted a page and I can't view a preview of it. It just seems really fiddly. I used Wordpress for my blog and that's really easy to use but I don't want a blog, I want a website. It used to be easier when there were no CMS and you had to do it all with HTML.

• Paid Members
I just want a blank canvas to start with and no matter what I delete and what I remove, it still has the default Joomla page.

I'm not sure what the problem is regarding previews because I use a plug-in (JCE editor) as my toolbar. It has a preview option as one of its icons. I presume the basic editor has the same though.

Regarding the blank canvas: Have you tried Cloud Control Panel > Maintenance > Clear All Content? (Assuming you're temporarily hosted on Cloudaccess.net) That worked fine for me.

Ill throw my suggestion in here and say drupal is pretty good and easy to use.

Archived