Huge House Spiders

Bettencourt

• Paid Members

I have a specific shot glass in my cabinet for catching spiders. I've had one this year the size of the one in the original post. Had to break out the emergency pint mug to collect that big fucker.

Even if you dont feel bad about killing them, isnt cleaning up a squashed spider more disgusting than collecting a live one? shame on you spider killers!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I've had these fuckers in my house all summer. What happened to the old small house spiders? I never see one now they all look like they're on HGH.

I hate earwigs more though. Creepy looking little wankers they are. I literally jumped up and screamed like a bitch the other night as one Ric Flair strutted across my leg. My newish girlfriend was round aswell, I looked a right twat and now she's telling everyone about my phobia of earwigs.

• Paid Members
Spiders do not bother me at all, but they bother my missus. I just scoop them up in my hands and put them outside. I don't care what size they are, I'll do it anyway. Besides, the False Widows in my back garden are far more scary. I don't touch those fuckers. But I don't kill them either. I posted some pics of those on here a few years back. Don't know if I have them anymore. I'll have a look.

EDIT:- Yep, still have them.

20-03-06_1601.jpg

20-03-06_1600.jpg

20-03-06_1559.jpg

20-03-06_1558.jpg

20-03-06_1557.jpg

20-03-06_1555.jpg

It's official, I'm never sleeping again.

• Paid Members

Had my 3rd consecutive massive spider in my bedroom in under 2 weeks. I usually get maybe 1 a year, but never this many in such little time.

The first one my brother killed because he came to look at it, not beleiving my description of how big it was, only for it to charge at him and have him shit his pants and attack it out of shock.

The second one my best mate killed for me because it sprinted across the floor when we were on the Xbox. It looked small running, but ran under my pc desk. Next thing you know my dog is after it and it runs up the wall and it's spread out fully now and is about the size of the palm of my hand. Mate went at it with a hand full of bog roll.

Then this one. I've been on edge all the time since the other two, so when my dog started sniffing and chasing something I instantly thought "oh fucking hell". Anyway, she was running behind my curtains and that and nothing was happening so I started to think it was either nothing, or this small tiny moth that's been flapping about for a few nights. She picks this one spot on the curtains so I shake it and obviously this massive fucking thing drops on the floor and scarpers towards my sofa.

The dog saw it and she spent about 10 minutes slowly crushing it with her paw and chewing it up. Good dog.

Don't know why I decided to come into this thread. I fucking hate the wretched creatures.

But...last couple of weeks, I've had a few nightmares with this sort of thing.

First one was last week, I saw one crawl out from underneath my bed, huge it was, so I watched it run across my floor and then I went to get a plastic container to stick it came back and it had disappeared. I have never bottled it so much in all my life, in all seriousness.

I patrolled the floor delicately with the box in one hand and mobile phone in the other. At this time, my cretinous friend txt me and my phone vibrated in my hand. I literally jumped with two feet leaving the floor, luckily my sister stayed out that night, so I stayed in her room that night.

Then last week me and two mates were having a few beers in one of their houses when a big fucker again ran across the floor. As we tried to contain this brown behemouth, he skillfully evaded us, not once or twice, but thrice. We turned the room upside down and no piece of furniture was left unmoved in our manful attempts to hunt down this no-doubt deadly force of nature.

In the end we sat with our shoes on in a brightly lit room all privately shitting ourselves.

God, I hate them.

I'm amazed at all the spider killing going on. They're entirely harmless, and undoubtedly a lot more scared of you with your big fat face and long wobbly arms. Just pick them up in a glass and tip them out the window.

I blame years of watching wrestling for turning you all into psychopaths.

Perfectly rational post, but fuck that!

They're evil, and deadly. Like high-ranking Nazi's.

I'm amazed at all the spider killing going on. They're entirely harmless, and undoubtedly a lot more scared of you with your big fat face and long wobbly arms. Just pick them up in a glass and tip them out the window.

House spiders are harmless. Nazi's are evil, evil idiots.

I like spiders, their webs look beautiful and dewy on misty autumnal mornings. I even like them in the house, they won't hurt me.

I never used to understand how people could mock my fear of dogs (got bit by one when really young and hated them ever since), yet they would clam up and turn white from fear when confronted with something about 1000th of the size, a little spider, and saw this fear as far more rational than mine.

If you catch one and put it outside, won't it just find its way back into the house again?

Couple of years back I caught one of these big ones using the pint glass-and-paper method, then set it down on the table to get a good look at it. At one point I moved the glass and accidentally caught one of it's leg under the rim, chopping it off. Feeling bad for the thing, I took it out back and released it.

Next day I go to get a glass out of the kitchen cupboard and HOLY FUCKING SHIT THERE'S A SPIDER IN THE GLASS. With a leg missing.

A different spider? Possibly. I prefer to think it was a mad bastard out for revenge, though.

• Paid Members
I never used to understand how people could mock my fear of dogs (got bit by one when really young and hated them ever since), yet they would clam up and turn white from fear when confronted with something about 1000th of the size, a little spider, and saw this fear as far more rational than mine.

June, you may be 12 inches short of a Houchen, but you're spot on here. Dogs are bastard evil.

House spiders are harmless. Nazi's are evil, evil idiots.

Glad you called me on this post, don't know what I was doing legitmately comparing the Nazi's to house spiders.

Archived