Huge House Spiders

Bettencourt

Cheers Pal. The Mrs is now panicking about huge spiders in Aberdeen. Thanks.

Also - Thats what you get for living in Kincorth! :laugh:

Yeah, we're out in the wilderness us!

I don't know why she's worrying. Surely she'd be the one scaring off the spiders? Not the other way about!

I live in Kemnay, and i have a resident beast that lives in the top of my Whirly. This bastard is huge, Black and White stripes, and nocturnal. Never see him during the day, and never comes in my house. Took some pics but at work just now. You can actually see his fangs if you get a good close up. Scared of the fuckers but strangely impressed by this one. Those bastards you got are the stuff of nightmares though!!! Was that a 1L tub you caught it in? his leg-span is impressive!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I hate the fuckers. But luckily I'm massive compared to a spider, so I just kill the fuckers. I don't see how someone could be scared of a spider, just trample the twat or do my personal favourite and get the lighter out and do them leg by leg.

• Paid Members

I generally let spiders be unless the impinge on my life directly in some way. If there's a big boris in the corner I'll ignore it as it kills flies or whatever, but once one dragged itself from under my keys in my keyboard while I was typing. I'm not having that. It died after a lot of angry flapping.

This reminds me when I found a spider living in my timberland boots, I guess I hadn't worn them for awhile, I picked one pair up, noticed some web but didn't really think much of it, then all of sudden the fucker comes running to greet me, as if it was saying "wtf are you doing with my house", considering my fear of the fuckers, I'm surprised I didn't just drop my boots right there, instead it was more like the scene from Arnies predator movie where they just stare at each other and assess the situation.

Lucky for me I was just using the hoover before, so I slowly walked out of my room, put the boot down very slowly, and then tried to suck the fucker out of my boots, but it didn't want to come quietly, no, he jumped out of my boots onto the end of the hoover and started to crawl upwards, my quick reaction to this was to flick him off, by banging the end of the hoover on the floor, that worked, then the fucker tried to do a runner sprinting for the walls, accept I followed right behind him with the hoover and sucked his ass up.

I saw quite a big one last night when I was watching MOTD, he managed to get away, but its only a matter of time before I get him, as long as they're not in my bedroom I can still goto sleep, for some reason they used to love showing up in my room, enough was enough so I started having old newspapers and tissue on hand ready for the fuckers, theirs nothing worse than seeing them, then having to run to find something to squash them with, because they will have gone or found a nice safe place you cant get too.

Ive become quite efficient at killing them, I think the message has been sent out because I don't get as many crawling round my bedroom anymore, entering my bedroom means certain death, anywhere else I might let them live or not.

• Paid Members

We used to get loads of the big bastards. Bought those plug in anti-beastie devices, one upstairs and one down, and we only get the occasional one now. i still scream like a girl and shout for wifey though.

• Paid Members

I used to work in Asda when i was about 17 and we used to get all sorts of these bastards hiding in the bananas. The sneaky shits would would have a sack of eggs and allsorts. I dont usually mind spiders but if they are a) the size of my hand and b) willing to jump at you then i will run away. We caught one once, called the zoo to come and get it but by the time they came it had escaped because we had been pissing around scaring people in the canteen with it. found it a few days later when someone ran it over with a forklift truck.

Archived