Huge House Spiders

Bettencourt

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Had a few of those in the house myself. I've went from getting a cloth and throwing them out to just killing them. I wanted to put a statement of intent out there to anyone else who decides to try and play the fear factor with this amateur exterminator. Hate the bastards. Thought I'd gotten over my fear of spiders until these lads came to the door. Shit myself last night when one was trotting across the floor like he was on his way to see his mate with a look on his face like he was saying "I'm Bizarre". He didnt look so cocky when I was scrapping him of my Adidas high-tops.

• Paid Members
Cheers Pal. The Mrs is now panicking about huge spiders in Aberdeen. Thanks.

Also - Thats what you get for living in Kincorth! :laugh:

Yeah, we're out in the wilderness us!

I don't know why she's worrying. Surely she'd be the one scaring off the spiders? Not the other way about!

• Paid Members

All those films are made in the wilderness you know. The ones where during the night a spider continues to grow until he is bigger than the cat. Then you hear about several deaths in the area with massive chunks out of their necks. Then your girlfriend phones to inform you that she is leaving you, but really it was the spider putting on a voice to fool you so you will be at your most vunerable and have no fight left in you. Then a million spiders come from the cracks in the floor boards and switch the music on so nobody can hear you scream as they slowly eat your skin.

Have a good night, mate ;)

• Paid Members

All those films are made in the wilderness you know. The ones where during the night a spider continues to grow until he is bigger than the cat. Then you hear about several deaths in the area with massive chunks out of their necks. Then your girlfriend phones to inform you that she is leaving you, but really it was the spider putting on a voice to fool you so you will be at your most vunerable and have no fight left in you. Then a million spiders come from the cracks in the floor boards and switch the music on so nobody can hear you screen as they slowly eat your skin.

Have a good night, mate ;)

Haha, well that has left me confused.

Got no fear of Spiders, was just curious to hear if anyone knew of House spiders so big!

I saw one of those really big buggers the other week in the back end. Thankfully they aren't too common. I was going to kill it with a shoe, but it was on the ceiling in a part of the house that's about 6 inches above your head (it's really not the best place to have to walk through in the darkness to let the dogs out for a pre-bed piss), and as my hand drew nearer with the shoe, I pictured the spider scarpering and dropping on my face so I yanked my hand away. I returned 15 seconds later and it was gone.

By the way, be mindful when unravelling toilet roll. You never know what's going to come along for the ride from the underside :(

I've had these bastards cropping up in my house for years, and I'm still not used to them. Just 10 minutes ago I went been for a piss, and as I'm washing my hands I suddenly realise one of the big fuckers is sitting on the windowsill behind the sink. Similar thing happened a couple of nights ago, except there was two of them in there. I nearly shat.

I don't even want to kill them. They'd leave a fucking massive mess.

It always seems surprising that we get spiders that big in the UK, but I see them most years. I just picky them up in my hand and throw them out the window; they're harmless.

• Paid Members

Wake up to get ready for work at 6 in morning and something goes so fast over my TV stand and falls on floor and makes a thump. Thinking maybe a mouse or rat due to the thump so i keep a eye on the stand and then this fucking huge spider crawls out....

Straight on couch screaming the house down calling for my mom.

She goes to put a jug over the it because a glass wouldn't of been big enough and the spider decides to move and gets chopped in half.

If that would of ran off under my couch i wouldn't of slept in my bedroom for a long time.

And I'm generally not scared of spiders.

Archived