Personal Low Points/The Weirdo Thread

Frankie Crisp

Sound pretty Bipolar to me mate. Real talk. Get some proper help.

Edit: That may seem obvious, but it's the only thing that matters.

Well, I'm not sure I need help, above maybe some therapy. I never feel suicidal particularly, because every time I'm depressed there's always an end in sight, as I always presume that sometime in the future I'll be on top of the world. That's why I empathise so much with people who suffer from depression; I've experienced their symptoms, and the thought of being in that state of mind constantly, with no concept that you'll ever be happy or euphoric again would be hard to deal with. At least I always have light at the end of the tunnel.

Appreciate the semi-kind words though, it's a rarity for me round these parts.

Edited by RIP Diva Sunny

I'm not an expert, but if you feel a bit down but realise fully you'll be fine after a bit, is that depression?

I'd say it counts as feeling depressed, but maybe not clinical depression, which is characterised by a constant sadness and disinterest in life. I have the symptoms sporadically, but the other part of the time I'm extremely high, confident and happy. Call it a mild form of bipolar. When I am depressed, it's more than being 'a bit down', it's being despairingly unmotivated and low.

People with clinical depression often can't see a way out, they feel hopeless; when I am 'depressed', I simply ride it out knowing that the good times will soon be here.

Edited by RIP Diva Sunny

Jeezo, I'm a boring bastard who has lived no life.

The only lowest points I can think of are;

1) Being a cowardous bastard letting myself get the run around by a woman for three years of my life.

2) Christmas party, after the function, outside the hotel, someone picked up the sandwiches and sausage rolls from the buffet inside and started lobbing them at me. I'm pretty sure it was martyngnr. So I pick them up and think, "Well, I'm not gonna take this" and lob them back. Only to miss him and hit some guy who was sitting inside a car parked next to the hotel enterance. If only he had his window rolled up. Got a right bollocking and being young and being in my first job and this happening in front of "superiors" in which case, the instigator of such activites was one, I felt very embarrassed and immature.

3) Supporting Aberdeen.

So there it goes guys... I'm one crazy, weird mofo!

Sorted that one for you ;)

About 25 years ago me & my mates were pretty hardcore drinkers. We literally went out 8 times a week for a whole year (twice on a Saturday). We booked a trip on North Sea Ferries to Amsterdam, One by one, We all humiliated ourselves (two mates had a fight with each other in a cabin, one mate held up the coach as he left his luggage on the ferry, two had to sleep on the floor after i successfully nicked their keys & locked them out of the cabin). But the the most spectacular was done on the last night of the four day bender, by me!

Half of this i can remember, the other half of the story was relayed to me by witnesses. Me & my mate hit the sack in the early hours, well pissed (for a change) My so called friend said he was than woken by me, scratching at the cabin door in a pissed up/sleep walking state. So he did the decent thing & let me out!

I remember waking up at the other end of the ferry, wearing nothing but a pair of stonewashed jeans. Although it was the early hours of the morning, there was always loads of people milling around. In my almost unconscious state i remember these people pointing at me & laughing as i pissed my jeans with such a ferocity that the piss was penertrating my jeans, running down my legs & changing the colour of my strides a few shades darker!

As i regained full consciousness, i remember feeling a loneliness in my heart that was so depressing that i will never forget it. God only knows how i made it back to my cabin? I remember knocking on random cabin doors, assuming that i would get lucky? :(

You obviously gave up drinking after this incident, right?

When i read you comment i was chugging on a beer! Weird or What?

• Moderators
I can only take it as far as using clothes hangers to break up my number 2's from blocking the toilet (because dad always had a real go to me for doing that). Then lobbing them out the window into the garden to pick up at a later date

A later date?!

What did you do, make a note in your diary, "sometime next week - pick up turdy hangers I threw out of window"

Edited by Woyzeck

Some of you lads are finished. Seek help.

Got through the first few pages before I thought of the following.

It is in no way weird, but it was certainly a low point for me.

Just seven days after splitting with my ex of four years, I found myself on a night out with my mates and decided early doors that I'd make my move and try and have my wicked way with my mate's bird's flat mate.

After some of the standard flirting and drink buying it was pretty obvious I was in there, so me, my mate and the two girls headed back to their flat. It was a grotty and small place that was freezing cold, and this was in January.

*scenes missing.

Next morning woke up in a stingy one bedroom flat in one of the roughest areas in the city,

Adding to the debate in the Politics thread reminded me of a personal low point.

Being stuck in the bath for 2 hours and unable to pull myself out was particularly fun

For a sordid admission

Sleeping/messing about with a girl in one of my female mates bed whilst she (the mate) was asleep on the floor in the same room and then going home to my then girlfriend was pretty low

Being stuck in the bath for 2 hours and unable to pull myself out was particularly fun

How does this happen? Winkle jammed up the tap?

Nah, nothing so exotic, I was unable to move cos had seized up and had no strength to pull myself up using handles and whatnot.

Simlar also happened when Ive been in town during the day and I had my stick with me. Tripped, fell over,couldnt pull myself up. Lots of people pointed and laughed and I managed to eventually right myself after looking like upside down insect trying to get righted. wasnt the best time in my life

• Paid Members
Simlar also happened when Ive been in town during the day and I had my stick with me. Tripped, fell over,couldnt pull myself up. Lots of people pointed and laughed

Sorry about that.

• Paid Members
Simlar also happened when Ive been in town during the day and I had my stick with me. Tripped, fell over,couldnt pull myself up. Lots of people pointed and laughed

That's awful, it really is. Inundations of scumbags throughout.

You're not doing much to help us misanthropes get over our own condition, if we had any sense of humanity left after wading through this thread anyway.