"Mediocre" tag teams from yesteryear who'd rule today

tiger_rick

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Demolition weren't exactly mediocre. Well, in my opinion.

I put "mediocre" because I couldn't think of a better word for guys who were never really top of the card acts. Demo's definitely wouldn't qualify.
I was going to disagree with a bunch of picks, particularly Too Much/2 Cool who were a really good Memphis-style team, but I see what you mean. Teams that were mediocre in terms of push rather than ability.Given that criteria, there is no way do the Demos or Horsemen/Brainbusters qualify. Both top teams. Don

I'd have to say Vicious and Delicious, they could easily be the top heel team in todays product and not just because i'm a huge Norton mark. The only similar team they have would be Jinder and Khali doing the Big/small man routine but i really don't care for either of them at the moment, Khali has fallen so far down the card recently.I'd throw in Disco and Alex Wright as the comedy team too.

• Paid Members

I'd have to say Vicious and Delicious, they could easily be the top heel team in todays product and not just because i'm a huge Norton mark.

Deffo. Norton and Bagwell would be fantastic now. They were back then but the WCW roster back then was so full they didn't stand out really. Just look at themviciousanddelicious.jpgThey've got that Hart Foundation thing about them but with added NWO coolness.Others I'd go with [03.jpgT & A would be a great fit today I think. Test was cool as fuck with the long hair even if he was trying to be a bit of a poor man's Kevin Nash. Albert's look was quality and the back hair just topped off the look. They could both do decent stuff in the ring and both could move well for their size. Add in the mega fit 2000 Trish in the corner and you have a winning team. And no fuckers would dare mess with these teams barbarian2.jpgreed.jpgThe Barbarian and Butch Reed circa WCW 1992studstable.jpgBunkhouse Buck and 'Dirty' Dick Slater. Slater and Greg Valentine from 92 would have today's tag teams pissing the bed with fright aswell.Scary fuckers.

Brainbusters.

They were never mediocre!Death Row from I believe GWF. Pair of rotund afro carribean "death row convicts". I think Colonel Rob Parker was their manager. They used to come out and just squash people.
how could anyone refer to anything involving Blanchard and Anderson as mediorce, simply retarded.
Like others said, how they were used, not what they did or could produce in the ring.

Archived