"Mediocre" tag teams from yesteryear who'd rule today

tiger_rick

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Headbangers: A team that had a defined gimmick, a distinct look. From watching them on vintage the other night they seemed quite popular as well. (Although that is comparing to the luke warm reactions of today.

Too Cool is a good shout. Just any team that has any sort of gimmick together would be good.

The Headbangers? A post punk gimmick would never fit in, maybe if they blacked up and came out to some RnB they'd get over, probably not though.

The Headbangers: A team that had a defined gimmick, a distinct look. From watching them on vintage the other night they seemed quite popular as well. (Although that is comparing to the luke warm reactions of today.

Too Cool is a good shout. Just any team that has any sort of gimmick together would be good.

The Headbangers? A post punk gimmick would never fit in, maybe if they blacked up and came out to some RnB they'd get over, probably not though.

The Gangbangers?

Too Cool would do well, but I wouldn't consider them a "mediocre" tag team. They weren't in the TLC holy trinity of teams, but they were definitely the next level down, along with the APA. So if we can choose teams on that level, I'd go for:

APA -- Brilliant gimmick. Tough brawlers full of character. The backstage bits with the APA office would be a breath of fresh air.

X-Pac and Road Dogg -- They were shit at the time, but they wouldn't be surrounded by loads of better teams if they were around now. Both have strong characters, X-Pac's great in the ring, Road Dogg's a great talker.

The Gangbangers?

Raven and Saturn were already mentioned.

• Paid Members
RTC were shit at the time and would be even worse now. The tag team was Goodfather and Bull Buchanan for fucks sake.

Granted the quality of talent within the group was questionable, but I think the premise of the stable still has great potential. Plus Val Venis was good.

APA -- Brilliant gimmick. Tough brawlers full of character. The backstage bits with the APA office would be a breath of fresh air.

Loved the APA too. Especially how they wouldn't always side with the good guys and would have no problem beating up a fan favourite if the price was right.

Are you suggesting a tag team made up of N-Dubz. I'd pay to watch them get beat up.

I think the whole point is that the Headbangers wouldn't fit in. I think the audience would be into anything that was just a little bit different. People would take note of them because they weren't just wearing tights.

Speaking of which they really need to get some more varied ring attire going in the WWE. What happened to Ryder's one legged tights?

Speaking of which they really need to get some more varied ring attire going in the WWE. What happened to Ryder's one legged tights?

He decided they looked stupid and were holding him back. So he asked management if he could switch to normal trunks. It had been his idea to do the one-legged ones in the first place as well.

• Paid Members

He decided they looked stupid and were holding him back. So he asked management if he could switch to normal trunks. It had been his idea to do the one-legged ones in the first place as well.

And he was right to, they were awful.

Another tag team that would be a ton of fun today, the Superheavyweights!

And he was right to, they were awful.

Another tag team that would be a ton of fun today, the Superheavyweights!

I'm not saying I liked them, they were just a bit different. I struggle to think of anyone who dresses differently today. Cena wears jean shorts.

Natural Disasters!

Archived