"Mediocre" tag teams from yesteryear who'd rule today

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Thought of this topic watching a tag team Battle Royal from about 10 years ago. Basically, which tag teams from the past do you think would be a great addition to today's scene? I'm thinking of teams who weren't on top back then, perhaps even just enhancement. From any promotion.

A few from me:

Too Cool - I think they'd go down a storm these days. Great outfits, great team work and signature spots. I reckon fans would lap it up.

T&A - Two massive arse-kickers with a glorious valet. They'd absolutely dominate the tag division these days. Both pretty good big men who could work singles too. They'd be unbeatable.

Powers of Pain - Never a top, top team back in the day. They'd be awesome now. Absolutely massive guys who were reasonably athletic, well the Barbarian was anyway. They'd easily dominate the division now, much like T&A. If they had Fuji too, they'd be all set. Only problem might be passing a drugs test.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking back Too Cool get bigger face pops than John Cena does now. Crazy.

everybody loved them. One of my fav moments was in the rumble cant remember which one but too cool dance with Rikishi then he eliminated both of them

• Paid Members

everybody loved them. One of my fav moments was in the rumble cant remember which one but too cool dance with Rikishi then he eliminated both of them

2000 in MSG.

2000 in MSG.

yeah thats the one. Fuck sake 11 yrs ago doesnt seem that long ago. the last ten yrs in wrestling feels like its been but 50

Royal Rumble 2000 at MSG. Unfortunatly it was the same rumble that nearly most of the men watching stabbed themselve in the eye because of mae young.

Too Cool are the first ones that came to mind here. I really think they'd fit in with the PG era, they were just ridiculously over for a midcard tag team back then. Did they ever win the tag titles? I know Scotty and Rikishi did, but did Scotty and Grandmaster ever get a run with the belts? I didn't watch much WWF back then.

Edit: OK, they did. Just checked on Wiki.

• Paid Members

As big and as hated as the RTC were back in the day, I think they'd be even bigger if they were around now. They could really target the fans that constantly bang on about how shit and PG the current product is.

• Paid Members
They'd have a job finding something worth censoring.

They could feud with Punk. The WWE were trying to censor him after all!

Exactly. I think the group would get a lot of mileage in the current climate.

• Paid Members

Lo Down, Nunzio and Stamboli, Whipwreck and Tajiri, Raven and Saturn.

Although none of them were really medicore, just short-lived or were barely used.

The first two especially as they all still look pretty decent and could feasibly happen. I'd happily have Tajiri back in an oddball pairing with someone on today's roster.

The Headbangers: A team that had a defined gimmick, a distinct look. From watching them on vintage the other night they seemed quite popular as well. (Although that is comparing to the luke warm reactions of today.

Too Cool is a good shout. Just any team that has any sort of gimmick together would be good.

Archived