REM split up

EdgarTheSlouch

Being a huge REM fan I was disappointed that they have decieded to call it a day. Never understood the hatred for Around The Sun though, yes it was over produced..... but, when those songs were played live they sounded great (The Outsiders being the bast example, with the Peter Buck feedback) Far better than Reveal.

My favourite albums are:

New Adventures In Hi-Fi

Fables Of The Reconstruction

I also think Collapse Into Now was a very good album and probably thier best since Up.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being a huge REM fan I was disappointed that they have decieded to call it a day. Never understood the hatred for Around The Sun though, yes it was over produced..... but, when those songs were played live they sounded great (The Outsiders being the bast example, with the Peter Buck feedback) Far better than Reveal.

My favourite albums are:

New Adventures In Hi-Fi

Fables Of The Reconstruction

I also think Collapse Into Now was a very good album and probably thier best since Up.

I agree with Around the Sun, I thought it was an excellent album. Boy In The Well is one of my favourite R.E.M. songs of all time. Collapse Into Now was great too, and it's a fucking shame we'll never get to hear that stuff performed live.

Personally, my favoruite albums were Document and Monster.

Archived