New Age Outlaws WEBSHOW THREAD!~

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Stumbled across
video from youtube. Crowd is brilliant. Goes to show how massively over they were when a 60 year old woman is in the crowd reciting their opening. (2min)

They were over like rover. Not bad for a couple of mid-carders, eh? Any of today's main eventers would be lucky to get half that reaction. Even The Rock didn't get that kind of enthusiasm when he came back before Mania this year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's astonishing how tag team wrestling was left to rot despite how insanely over the Outlaws were during their peak, in the RF shoot Brian talks about collecting eighty grand merchandise cheques, eighty grand, I don't know what percentage the company gives the wrestlers but if the wrestlers were collecting that much money imagine home much money they must have brought in to the WWE. But yeah, tag teams don't draw :bored:

What the fuck are you on about? Edge and Christian probably weren't picking up eighty grand t-shirt cheques in 2000. But they weren't part of DX, one of the biggest merchandising juggernauts wrestling has ever seen. Nor were the APA, Too Cool, the Headbangers or any other tag teams that weren't in the extremely special position of being in D-Generation X. Using DX t-shirt sales to back up the "But yeah, tag teams don't draw :bored: " whining is like saying Austin's royalties mean WWE should only have bald wrestlers main eventing.

• Paid Members

The Sandman collected a $125,000 royalty cheque for the Smackdown game he's on. If you have shit on the shelves, WWE dont fuck you. They might mess you about on PPV pay days, but merchandise is usually a massive earner. I wouldnt be surprised if merchandise was more for wrestlers these days, what with the video games and figures being far more lucrative. WWE have always (well, maybe not in the mid-90s) had a amazing merchandise line. Greg Valentine tells a story of his timeline where he stormed into Vince McMahon's office about to complain and before he said anything Vince said "I'm glad your here, your $50,000 royalty cheque came from LJN this morning" and Greg walked out without saying a word. Makes you wonder what Hogan and Warrior got back then? There was about 5 lads in our street who had tones of WWF merch (not including me). And that was in a small street in Sunderland. Everyone seemed to have the Hasbros. Its scary to think what the big stars got if Greg Valentine and Sandman are earning that.

Say what you want about the TV, but WWE is as good as anyone when it comes to selling stuff.

00:50 for that massive Survivor Series 1998 sign.

I love how they both noticed it. I can't imagine how much of a life they must have been living that year rolling in money and drugs finding themselves getting some of the biggest reactions on the card compared to where they were a year prior.

Although I do have a lot of love for the pre-DX heel Outlaws. They done scumbag so, so well. Total white trash.

Makes you wonder what Hogan and Warrior got back then?

They'd have been on stupid money. On that shoot interview the other week, Jim Cornette reckoned Sable made more in '98 than his best five years in wrestling put together or something. Hogan, Warrior, Rock, Austin in their good years must have been raking in obscene amounts. Jericho reckons Hogan was getting all the money for WCW figures of everyone else as well in 1998.

Yeah, good shoot, that. But fuck me those RF Video guys are fucking shit and any good shoots they ever get out there are despite them rather than because of them. Have these cocksuckers never heard of follow-up questions instead of just jumping from one subject to another with no fucking connection whatsoever? They might as well just hand over their list of questions before the shoot, leave the camera running and leave the fucking room for all the use they are. Cunts.

I find most are like this, the RF guys ask everything the same way, jump from one period or subject to another and dont do their research. That kayfabe commentaries guy is the most smug cunt on the planet, he even makes that timbaland guy or whatever you call him seem like he has no ego. KC asking for video Qs from idiots piss me off, Jim Cornette on with loads to talk about from different eras and companies, the question - who did Sunny fuck? Pisses me right off, they arent wrestling fans, theyre gossip mongers who probably love shit like Entertainment Weekly and mags like Heat

• Paid Members
I find most are like this, the RF guys ask everything the same way, jump from one period or subject to another and dont do their research. That kayfabe commentaries guy is the most smug cunt on the planet, he even makes that timbaland guy or whatever you call him seem like he has no ego. KC asking for video Qs from idiots piss me off, Jim Cornette on with loads to talk about from different eras and companies, the question - who did Sunny fuck? Pisses me right off, they arent wrestling fans, theyre gossip mongers who probably love shit like Entertainment Weekly and mags like Heat

I can't really agree with you about Sean Oliver because I think he does a great job, actually. He actually interviews and follows up questions and actually allows his shoots to have some kind of flow to them rather than just having them jump all over the place between questions that have no connection to them. Plus he actually gives the impression that he actually loves and knows wrestling, which the RF guys never do.

I know RF's shoots are largely based on fan questions but that doesn't excuse how shit they are. They could easily organise those questions into a better order for both viewers and wrestlers alike - I mean, Road Dogg and Billy were fucking blitzed, help them out a bit! Actually respond to the answers as well rather than fucking no-selling everything they are saying.

I don't mind the gossip-based questions that get sent in, either, because I love some wrestling sleaze, and as long as they strike a good balance between those and stuff about actual wrestling matches, angles and assorted information then that's fine with me. That's something that I think Oliver's various shoots do well, too.

I dont mean to knock Oliver's interview style, I just hate the additional fan questions and his smug demeanour, I watch their stuff very much in spite of him rather than because of him, I find his smugness really annoying

• 2 weeks later...

Archived