Sky Sports Weekend Pass

Glenryck Pilchards

• Paid Members
Nicko what the fuck is up with your avatar?

It's basically a little nod to the friendship trophy contested between Norwich and Sunderland since the '85 Milk Cup Final. We're playing them on Monday so whether it'll get a mention or not I don't know, but I'm a sucker for little traditions like that.

I'm not sure it so much applies today, but there was a really comaderie (sp?) between the supporters of that final. Both teams were also relegated that year so sort of shared each others pain and everything.

There's other cool tales too, like how one time Sunderland were travelling near Merseyside only to have their game called off, so they stopped over at Goodison Park and came into the away end with the Norwich fans for the day! Brilliant. The most recent good natured stuff came in '04 when we were confirmed as Division One Champions at the Stadium of Light. The Sunderland fans were chuffed for us and the players were delighted for the team as well.

The most recent good natured stuff came in '04 when we were confirmed as Division One Champions at the Stadium of Light. The Sunderland fans were chuffed for us and the players were delighted for the team as well.

Yeah I was at that game, bar the Newcastle 2-1 game (with Rico's freekick) thats probably the most memorable game I've been to. It was a night game which made it all the more better and Norwich brought up one of the highest away crowds I've seen at the SoL, Carl Robinson scored just before half-time and we won the game which meant we had secured a play-off place but as results went their way that night it also meant Norwich were confirmed champions. Alot of hugs and celebrations between both sets of fans that night, absolutely fantastic and the most camaraderie I've seem between opposition fans.

Never once heard a bad word about Norwich among Sunderland fans (well...bar Delia :laugh: ).

Archived