Raw Discussion 20th September

tiger_rick

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing, I'm only messing! Although you did wish John Cena would get injured and his wife would get molested and set on fire.

I fully support him missing Wrestlemania, I dont hate him personally or whatever but I just don't want to watch him on WWE at all.

Just finished watching it and it's put me in a really good mood. Being back to having to wake in the mornings again it's the first Raw I've downloaded and watched the day after since before summer and as much as I love the live element and our topical discussions about soap storylines and what Big Kev is wearing I think watching it with a clear head and a full stomach in an hour and a half without those constant advert breaks made it shine far more.

Virtually every segment was worth it's weight, the show was stacked, and the whole thing just flowed very nicely. I loved that dad in the Punk shirt with his two kids on each arm decked in Cena gear. Cena threw his shirt to them too which was a nice touch. Regal looked absoloutely manic dragging Truth out by his face, Henry was on blistering form slapping his belt ["I don't need to say no more!"], Ryder shone, Sheamus got a pin, Punk got the hot tag and rub from Cena indicating that they're finally settling on his direction as a face and maybe this awkward tweener shite is over [seriously I don't care which direction he goes just go in one], and the crowd were beautiful all night.

Bloody good show.

• Paid Members

That show was bloody good fun and if you didn't like it...well I don't know what you want from a wrestling show.

I loved the Miz/Truth angle because it was unexpected, brilliantly executed and also means that both men will be getting more involved in this big storyline.

And again Mark Henry proves that he is a wrestling God.

• Paid Members

I love the fact that they have gradually changed from "who is the anonymous GM?" to "who is behind the conspiracy?" which is a similar storyline but with a few tweaks. The weird thing for me watching last night's Raw is that the GM podium is still out there, laptop and all, even though we haven't heard a peep out of it for ages. I'm dying for either Punk or Awesome Truth to point out how quiet the laptop has been since Trips has been marching around with the power, no longer needing to operate behind a cloak of anonymity.

I quite enjoyed the show, I thought the start was bad again with it being extremely awkward with HHH, Punk and Laurinitis seemingly stumbling through a largely entertaining segment. I thought the Sin Cara segment was pretty shit too but apart from that I liked pretty much all the rest, I thought Ziggler's selling of the Rough Ryder was fantastic.

When they was on about higher power above HHH did the front rows start chanting Shane O Mac? Punk pulled them a face and said no.

i too was wondering this.

that is one of the things that i like about punk and trips, is that very few people apart from them deviate from script and react with what the audience do. i guess so many people are scared for their job or just dont have the initiative/charisma to do it and come up with witty stuff or facials. even stuff that might be scripted can sound spontaneous and exciting. for example, my dad chuckled a few weeks ago when punk said "i do like motorhead" when he asked for trips' music to be cut short. its little things like that make people forget its "fake" and generally makes the product more fun to watch. punk especially is fun to look at closely for the smallest of things he does when the another person is speaking

• Paid Members

One thing that makes it more realistic is in recent promos they will speak over and interrupt eachother as opposed to when they just follow the script it's just:

Wrestler 1: blah blah blah

*waits for crowd reaction*

Wrestler 2: blah blah blah

*waits for another crowd reaction*

Repeat.

Saw this on pwinsider.com.....

'Mark Henry was super upset that Lawler got hurt being put through the announcer's table last night. The belief is Lawler won't be back by TV next week.'

See, Mark Henry's a nice guy, really.

Bump looked fucking brutal though and, I know Lawler's taken some in his time, but the bloke is in his 60's now!

I think it was Lance Storm who posted a blog not too long ago about how Mark Henry hurt him once and literally wouldn't stop apologising and helping him for a while after. He also came across as a very likeable bloke in his promos after the title win and the one with JR.

Archived