Cheque Cashing Instantly?

DrNo

• Paid Members

The rates are actually pretty decent, the higher the cheque amount.

Just make sure you take relevant identification with you, because they DO do checks on the cheques.

I worked for a cheque cashing company, you're going to need photo ID, address ID and keep the cheque attached to the letter that it comes with if possible.

If it's for a very large amount, they probably won't give you all of the cash the same day. They'll put it on special clearance and give you the money when it clears, to protect themselves against fraud.

I work for a cheque cashing company, a HPMG cheque will take little more than 5/10 mins if the staff are good, just make sure you ID is good! Also, the higher the cheque the less is taken as a percentage, so the higher the better! Also, if you are going to The Money Shop, get a 2.99% leaflet from yellow pages before you go, so even a

• Paid Members

Most Financial Services companys don't take birth certificate for Name ID unless you are under 18.

If you haven't got an in-date and valid passport or driving licence, many will accept a HMRC notice of Tax Coding less than twelve months old, a letter from a government benefits agency confirming an amount of benefit to be paid less than twelve months old, or a debit or credit card with an accompanying statement less than three months old, or even (God forbid) a valid UK firearms certificate.

If you haven't got a passport or driving licence mind, ring them to see what they will take. Then get a passport. Doesn't matter if you don't want to travel, its ID that everyone accepts, for the next ten years.

Although I am not certain on this for HMRC cheques you may be able to obtain the money in 24 hours by cashing it normally into your back account. Like a building society cheque. I had a cheque from the DVLA which I placed into a 24 hour deposit machine on Sunday and it was in my bank the day after.

If you have no valid photo ID this is probably your best punt

Although I am not certain on this for HMRC cheques you may be able to obtain the money in 24 hours by cashing it normally into your back account. Like a building society cheque. I had a cheque from the DVLA which I placed into a 24 hour deposit machine on Sunday and it was in my bank the day after.

If you have no valid photo ID this is probably your best punt

Hiya mate, it will show up as funds, but not cleared funds, so not able to access. HMRC is a government cheque so takes usual 5 working days to clear, they also cant be put on express clearance with your bank either

• Paid Members
Although I am not certain on this for HMRC cheques you may be able to obtain the money in 24 hours by cashing it normally into your back account. Like a building society cheque.

FYI, corporate cheques issued by a building society sometimes go through the usual clearance cycle even if paid into an account held by the same company (depending on the company) because even though it's "one of ours" doesn't mean the company can guarantee it a) hasn't been stopped or b) isn't a fake.

I've recently handled a fake corporate cheque and it was damn convincing. Only recognizing the branch prefix as a place 60 miles south of the address of the bloke that gave it to the customer gave it away that it might be dodgy.

Cheques are such a pile of shit, you have no way of knowing the signature on the cheque is the signature of the account holder, and when one is returned as fraudulent the poor bugger that has been the victim of receiving a fake cheque can sometimes receive a charge for the cheque being returned unpaid, plus depending how near the wire they are on the balance it might cause unauthorised overdraft fee or bounced direct debits, all because of some other wanker defrauding them. I can see why the banking system wanted done away with them - but then housebound biddies afraid of using their debit cards over the 'phone or 'net kicked off.

Archived