Survivor Series! Never Before... Never Again!

BritFan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWE.COM have announced Cena and the Rock will be teaming up in a traditional 5 vs 5 match.

So come on, who do we think will be the competitors in this match?

I think it will be ---- Cena, Rock, Big Show, Kane, Morrison vs Del Rio, Miz, R-Truth, Ziggler, Swagger.

The reason I've left out Punk, HHH and Nash from the line-up is because the 5 vs 5 has already been announced before the Punk/HHH storyline has concluded and I think they'd have them doing something else at Survivor series otherwise for a 'big 4' show it would be rather rubbish if the entire undercard was lacking in star power apart from perhaps a world title match involving Orton, Mark Henry, Sheamus, Christian.

Ideally, I'd do Cena, Rock, Punk, Foley and Zack Ryder vs HHH, Nash, Miz, R-Truth, Del-Rio

• Paid Members
The uppercard down are all just there. They arent thriving. They just seem to be there. Dolf Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Morrison and the Miz arent in stronger position compared to last year.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, but hasn't the booking of the upper/mid card been atrocious this year? I think the booking in the top end of the bill has been superb- the best it has been in years overall IMO. The Rock/Cena feud, Miz holding his own against them both, CM Punk worked shoot, the brilliant in-ring feud between Orton & Christian, Edge finishing his career.

The main event scene has got me back into watching WWE. But it seems as soon as you cast your eye below that level, you just have some incredibly (and in most cases, young) talented guys that are just thrown into a pot and forgotten about- plucked at random and thrown into half-arsed feuds which has little/no/shit booking going into them. It's as though they are using all their creative nous for the main events, and just putting the rest on auto-booker. There is little talent in the mid-card that are better off than they were last year. Cody & Truth are two however that for me are better off, but look at the guys Ian mentioned above. Throw Wade into the mix also, and a bunch of others too.

Looking at the WWE landscape as it stands right now I could see this being Cena/Rock vs. Miz/R-Truth, but November is still a way off and who knows how much this coming Sunday may change things. I have a feeling that the outcome of CM Punk/Triple H this Sunday will set the tone for the remainder of the year as some shenanigans are bound to happen in that match.

If we get a HHH heel turn and corporation style stable it would create some good possibilities with people like Cena/Rock/CM Punk/ and the returning Mick Foley to oppose it.

Long shot time I know but it would also be a good way for Shane McMahon to return to the WWE if he

I'm glad wwe.com are already saying they are teaming because if they'd made it look like they've got to team through a storyline and announced later on it would look a bit backward when they've had this poster out there for ages. But yeah great stuff and great to have another big time 5 on 5 match.

• Paid Members

The Miz and R-Truth need a ton of work to be ready for The Rock & John Cena. Last time R-Truth was mixing it up with Cena he lost handily and The Rock made quick work of the wee boy on Raw and Wrestlemania. I don't mind if they are on some Survivor Series 5 v 5 line-up but not a 2 v 2 tag match. Yuck!

I'd love it if WWE had some heel super group by Survivor Series and The Rock and John Cena team up to rid them from the company, or something like that.

EDIT: Ah well, looks like they're doing classic SS match. Although why would The Rock want to team up with his enemy Cena against a bunch of Jabronis he has barely talked about? I hope they don't go the lazy route and have a few of them attack him when he's cutting a promo.

Meltzer on the F4W audio reckons that at this point it is scheduled to be Rock & Cena & Punk & Sheamus & ? vs Del Rio & Miz & R-Truth & ? & ?.

Wow that's some amazing detective work there by Super Dave. All the faces v all the heels. He does some great work.

• Paid Members
I see them having a tag team title match with The Miz and R-Truth

Yup. I can see them having a "not getting on" week or two week title reign and dropping them to some other heels, in the mold of the Cena/Batista and Cena/Michaels reigns previous. Oh, and Cena/Miz which was so brief I nearly forgot it, and expect most of you guys had too.

WWE.COM have announced Cena and the Rock will be teaming up in a traditional 5 vs 5 match.

So come on, who do we think will be the competitors in this match?

I think it will be ---- Cena, Rock, Big Show, Kane, Morrison vs Del Rio, Miz, R-Truth, Ziggler, Swagger.

The reason I've left out Punk, HHH and Nash from the line-up is because the 5 vs 5 has already been announced before the Punk/HHH storyline has concluded and I think they'd have them doing something else at Survivor series otherwise for a 'big 4' show it would be rather rubbish if the entire undercard was lacking in star power apart from perhaps a world title match involving Orton, Mark Henry, Sheamus, Christian.

Ideally, I'd do Cena, Rock, Punk, Foley and Zack Ryder vs HHH, Nash, Miz, R-Truth, Del-Rio

I'd swop Swagger for Henry otherwise thats a great lineup, Henry should be in there because of his history with Kane and Show. Hell he even has history with Rock too.

I'd love it to be:

Cena, Rock, Austin, Jericho (or Foley) vs Del Rio, Punk, Miz, R-Truth

Extremely doubtful to impossible, but then could stretch to 'Mania: Cena vs Rock, Austin vs Punk and Jericho (or Foley) vs Miz.

But purely because I'd love it too can have Punk vs Jericho at Rumble.

Archived