When I grow up I want to be an astronaught............I mean wrestler

Slapnuts

Hi guys.

some help/advice please.

a friend of mine, for all his piss-taking of me still being into wrestling, has gone and got me one of those day experience things. This one being for a days wrestling experience in Nottingham. Apparently i'm going to become a wrestler for a day. My faviroute wrestler in fact even, who ever i choose to be. Now my mates and fiance will OBVIOUSLY be watching me do this/make a twat out of myself/get thrown about the place. So before i go is there anyone here that's done this before? wrestled before? can give any hints or tips as to how to not look like a tool?

Plus is there anywhere i can download AVI versions of Raw? i'm about 6 weeks behind and with no interent at home i can't stream so wanna download shows at a mates and watch them at home?

cheers guys

Dean

• Paid Members
Hi guys.

some help/advice please.

a friend of mine, for all his piss-taking of me still being into wrestling, has gone and got me one of those day experience things. This one being for a days wrestling experience in Nottingham. Apparently i'm going to become a wrestler for a day. My faviroute wrestler in fact even, who ever i choose to be. Now my mates and fiance will OBVIOUSLY be watching me do this/make a twat out of myself/get thrown about the place. So before i go is there anyone here that's done this before? wrestled before? can give any hints or tips as to how to not look like a tool?

Plus is there anywhere i can download AVI versions of Raw? i'm about 6 weeks behind and with no interent at home i can't stream so wanna download shows at a mates and watch them at home?

cheers guys

Dean

Where the hell do you get one of those things from?

Sounds pretty cool, that.

As for advice - I did some training donkeys years ago and my best advice would be, be prepared - it DOES hurt!

Running the ropes will give you serious bruises [although I bruise like a peach] and rope burn that you can show off to your mates. Taking bumps will mean you will struggle to get out of bed the next day. Maybe invest in some elbow pads as learning to bump can seriously graze your elbows if I remember rightly.

It is a lot of fun though - getting into an actual wrestling ring, learning the moves, working with the pros. Enjoy it, you'll have a unique experience to tell your friends about and, who knows, you might find you're quite good at it!

As for how not to look like a tool - you will. Go with the flow. You've never wrestled before [i assume] so your mates will get a good laugh out of you doing things wrong, seeing you get bodyslammed etc. but thats part of it.

Oh, and tuck your chin when you bump, otherwise you'll bang the back of your head on the mat - and that hurts!

This sounds amazing. I am sorely tempted to actual just rent a bouncy castle for a birthday party or something for a laugh, and try out all the bog standard moves with my pals. I could never do this at someone else's party because I don't think their family would be pleased having to phone an ambulance for some idiot who's paralysed himself trying to shooting star prsss their 6-year-old cousin.

• Paid Members
This sounds amazing. I am sorely tempted to actual just rent a bouncy castle for a birthday party or something for a laugh, and try out all the bog standard moves with my pals. I could never do this at someone else's party because I don't think their family would be pleased having to phone an ambulance for some idiot who's paralysed himself trying to shooting star prsss their 6-year-old cousin.

postpic.png

postpic.png

And then on every WWE biog DVD... "Me and my buddies used to wrestle around in the backyard, man, we had our own championships made of cardboard and everything..."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived