The Ultimate Fighter Season 14 - Bisping vs Mayhem Thread *SPOILERS*

wandshogun09

Bisping vs Mayhem  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Haha yeah forgot that. 'PACK IT IN' was the highlight of the episode for me. My dad used to say that to me and my brother if we got into a fight as kids. The Yanks probably wondered what the fuck he was on about.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm liking Bisping alot in this series. Although he can be a dick sometimes, in a situation where he's helping/looking out for someone he does come across a decent caring guy. Miller has seems the usual prankster who can never switch it off. Akira is obviously the prick in the house this year, irrational meathead to a tee. The mole bloke is a bit of a knob too, letting them know of the hand injury is pretty low. He should get his compance by the looks of it. Another good episode.

• Paid Members

Is everyone else getting the show listed tonight on FX? I'm getting it listed on ESPN! :confused:

It's listed for me on Sky. FX at 11pm. As long as you've got FX it should be on for you, probably just a listings cock up.ESPN are repeating the Lesnar/Dos Santos TUF so that'll be what that is
It's not listed on my SKY EPG either. I fell asleep before 2300 too. Can we confirm that it's every Thursday at 2300 on FX? Are there any repeats?Thanking you kindly.
That's weird, it was definitely on I watched it haha. It is every Thursday at 11pm on FX as far as I know, It's been on at that time every week. I can even see next week's listed at the same day/time on my old Sky box upstairs.On my EPG it says there's a repeat Sat night/Sun morning at 12.50am which is good timing if you're watching UFC 136 live at 2am.Hope that helps.
Very helpful. You reminded me about UFC 136 too. Much appreaciated.

• Paid Members

echoing Stu's comments, i think Bisping's coming off really well so far. The haters won't change their mind but of the two coaches i think Bisping's coming off as the better coach/person all around.Mayhem Miller is just annoying, i knew he would be going in but with the camera's on constant in the reality setting i thought we'd get to see more of the real Jason Miller, instead we get the dumb-ass prankster constantly. I hate how in every scene he's in Mayhem tries to say something funny, i think that everytime they cut to new a scene it would be bookended by a Mayhem comment...guy isn't funny either, i bet he's a nightmare to be with in real life. There was a Voice vs. show with Mayhem and in that he switched the persona off and he came across really well.Still it's brewing nicely :)

• Paid Members

Yeah I saw that Voice vs Mayhem thing and he did come across well. Same when he commentated for some of the DREAM/Dynamite shows in the past. Just proves it is all an act.Stupid thing is most of the message boards (US based ones mainly which comes as no surprise) are still finding fault with every little thing Bisping does or says on this season. And at the same time ignoring Mayhem's idiocy or letting stuff slide which they would go mental for if Bisping said it.Like I said a few pages back, I like Bisping but I can see why people might take a dislike him for stuff in the past. But on this season so far he's done pretty much fuck all to warrant any bashing imo.

• Paid Members

Is everyone else getting the show listed tonight on FX? I'm getting it listed on ESPN! :confused:

It's listed for me on Sky. FX at 11pm. As long as you've got FX it should be on for you, probably just a listings cock up.ESPN are repeating the Lesnar/Dos Santos TUF so that'll be what that is
It's not listed on my SKY EPG either. I fell asleep before 2300 too. Can we confirm that it's every Thursday at 2300 on FX? Are there any repeats?Thanking you kindly.
That's weird, it was definitely on I watched it haha. It is every Thursday at 11pm on FX as far as I know, It's been on at that time every week. I can even see next week's listed at the same day/time on my old Sky box upstairs.On my EPG it says there's a repeat Sat night/Sun morning at 12.50am which is good timing if you're watching UFC 136 live at 2am.Hope that helps.
The repeat of this week's episode has now disappeared from the FX listings for me. It was there listed for 12.50am but it's gone and the slot is now filled by, you guessed it...American Dad. Sorry about that.Anyone who missed it here's a link to this weeks episodehttp://www.mmatko.com/tuf-14-episode-3-vid...ghter-s14-ep03/

I can see this season not having one bad or dodgy episode. This has been TUF at its best, colourful characters, interesting and mostly entertaining fights (even if the skill level isnt always top draw) a proper feud with the coaches and a fresh twist (the first time BW and FW have been featured)Really enjoying it so far, Mayhem and Bisping are perfect for each other just like Rashad and Rampage or Tito vs Ken were.

• Paid Members

The repeat of this week's episode has now disappeared from the FX listings for me. It was there listed for 12.50am but it's gone and the slot is now filled by, you guessed it...American Dad. Sorry about that.Anyone who missed it here's a link to this weeks episodehttp://www.mmatko.com/tuf-14-episode-3-vid...ghter-s14-ep03/
I had a similar experience. It was saying TUF on my EPG. However American Dad was on.Not impressed.

I missed the last season but I'm enjoying how it's the same progression as GSP/Kos: GSP takes time to work on his fighters individually, learn their strengths and weaknesses while being an all around chill guy while Kos is so focused on winning that his guys are underprepared and don't really get much accomplished, all with the added bonus of showing that GSP is a decent guy in real life and Kos is a total cretin. Replace GSP with Mayhem and Kos with Bisping and you get the same thing. I don't know how a show can be so predictable and still so entertaining. It's great.

I missed the last season but I'm enjoying how it's the same progression as GSP/Kos: GSP takes time to work on his fighters individually, learn their strengths and weaknesses while being an all around chill guy while Kos is so focused on winning that his guys are underprepared and don't really get much accomplished, all with the added bonus of showing that GSP is a decent guy in real life and Kos is a total cretin. Replace GSP with Mayhem and Kos with Bisping and you get the same thing. I don't know how a show can be so predictable and still so entertaining. It's great.

Honestly can't figure out how you draw to that conclusion. As others have said, Bisping has came across so much better & more professional than Mayhem so far and I can't see that changing.

• 2 weeks later...

That was probably one of my favourite episodes of TUF ever.

Akira is a mentalist, can see him fucking everything up for himself before the season is finished though.

Mayhem's assistant is an absolute prick, trying to start a fight just because Bisping had stopped the original melee.

Archived