GPW: "Night Of The Brave" Nov 4th, Rose Club Wigan

Mr. Noble

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, Friday December 2nd is going to be our "Do Or Die" show and the last one of 2011, it'll be a big one, so get on board!

Book your tickets for December in enough time and you'll get on the VIP list, priority seating and quicker entrance. All VIP entries for "Night Of The Brave" are full, but general admission still available.

Is anyone else just a little excited for Gallagher vs. Sabre Jr? Thought so. You can't miss what is already on paper a contender for UK MOTY.

Show is this Friday, and it's a Double Header with FutureShock on Sunday, make your plans and tell your friends to come to GPW: "Night Of The Brave" we promise fireworks!

Zack vs Jack more than sealed the deal for me, but I've been waiting to get back to GPW for a while now. I know how good April and Jenny are so I hope we get a balls to the wall killer condensed version of their thirty minute epic they had at EVE (this time with crowd heat preferably!).

I'm yet to see any Torneo Cibernetico be it live or on DVD so I'm really looking forward to this.

But Zack vs Jack.... The potential for this match.... Words fail me and I hope it leaves the crowd speechless as well (y'know after all the intense cheering is done)

This show is tonight! And just in good time, the final part of the Friday Night Thriller V blog is online right now!

Why not, on your way to the show tonight read all about the chaos backstage when we broke the ring! Find out the thought process involved, who stepped up to the plate, who didn't. There is also a response, and the final word on the XWA / GPW situation from last month. Go on, whet your appetites before the great show we've got for you tonight over at http://www.gpwblog.posterous.com and we'll see you in Hindley...! Can you say "Match Of The Year?" ;)

Yeh, I should have stated, I am a part of the GPW team now. The original FNTV poster I did was prior to that, but I've now come on board to redevelop the GPW look, and it seems to be working with the comments we've be getting!

Graphic Design is my trade, but without Tony I'd have nothing to work with, I'm only half the creative part in making the graphics, I need Tony's fantastic photographs to get things done!

Here's the full card poster:

316745_291868574164481_283510315000307_1181821_1749700755_n.jpg

And what a great look on the site, nice to see what a pro can do.

Heroes and Villians is available from the shop at only

Tonight is gonna be fun gonna see dirk and the masterplan slapping damon leigh and his bunch of jobbers around (ahh damons a lucky guy ive a suspicion he rigged that ring break just to keep his title from dirk)

Got that british title match as well which should be hard as fuck with plenty of stomps.

But mainly im looking forward to the nwrl decider between jason logan and stee 'bin' mann the nwrl's been ace and both of them thoroughly deserve their spots on the card just shows how fucking good the training school is.so its gonna be good to see ste win this i reckon.

Just back from the first GPW show I've attended in around 6 months.......My thoughts......

Unfortunately for myself the first match was three matches too long. Ligero had rolled up Sheila on 3 occasions only for the match to get restarted each time due to Sheila "Not being ready." The final fall went to Ligero after more hi-jinx. I don't know whether I'm in the minority but the higgledy piggledy hotch potch opening match may well have killed off what could've been a red hot opening half to this show crowd wise. - They couldbe described as apathetic at best. Unfortunately.

The second bout just didn't seem to work with the Wigan crowd. The womens match was won by April Davids and for what it was was fairly decent but apart from the finish the corwd just weren't into it.

The third match was the one that sold me the ticket. Jack against Zack. Ok, maybe my expectations were far too high. The match itself was good but yet again the crowd were non existent. If this match was on the undercard of the UKDragon Gate shows a couple of weeks ago it would've been played out before a red hot crowd. This just didn't seem to meet my expectations. Shame. Jack won though and I don't want to sound like i'm shitting on this cos it was good. It just wasn't great....and it could've been SOOOOO great!!!!

After the interval we had the Torneo Cibernetico match which was by far the match of the night. I'm sure somebody can provide a better write up than myself for this so I'll leave it up to them. But it was very good. What I will add though is the amount of kids that stand on the guardrails in front of the front row customers are very frustrating. They continuously blocked alot of the view. Possibly adding another photographer to the mix may deter said kids or at least give them something to do ;)

Heresy came out and fannied about with some zombies and a coffin.

Main event time. My first viewing of "The Binman" and I cannot deny he's over Bigtime! Jesus. Fair play. Again, he's not really a wrestling purists dream but you cannot deny if the majority of the people like him and want him then what can you do. After his win it was announced he'll take on Jack Gallagher for the British Title at the next show. Bit gutting for myself as I was hoping we'd get a rematch between Jack and Zack and I can't help but feel that Binman will dethrone Jack and claim the belt. Quite the fall from grace from Zack having a rematch but again, Binman's over to fuck so what can you do?!

All in all, I had a good night tonight. A few beers were had and it was a good night out. My expectations were far too high for Zack and Jack after seeing them both in some top notch matches this year It just didn't live up to my hopes and expectations. Take nothing away (bar the shit crowd response) it was still a good match.

***I'll also add that during the interval there were a couple of XWA t shirt wearing chaps cheering for their promotion. The cynic in me would say a GPW/XWA feud is in the making after recent events but I would hope that isn't the case after the very informative and enjoyable GPW blog has addressed this "Kayfabe killer" style surely it would be against everything this blog stands for to sow any seeds for storylines?!

Archived