UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League

TUFCfan

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lazio 3 - 1 Malaga

Malaga started the better side and had a couple of good opportunities early on but Santi Cazorla and Diego Buonanotte were wasteful in front of goal. Lazio took the lead though in the 15th minute when the ball was cut back for Klose to score. They made it two a few minutes later when the ball was again cut back to Klose who put the Rome side two up. Malaga had several chances to pull one back before the break but couldn't finish some decent attacks, Lazio hit the post with a long range curler but their cutback strategy may have cost them at least another goal as they spurned some good chances by going for a cutback when going for goal might have been better, though Caballero did make a couple good stops.

The stats were even at half time, and as the second half started it appeared that Lazio had, for the most part, dropped their cutback strategy which actually made them more dangerous. Lazio had a string of chances early in the half, including hitting the woodwork once again, but couldn't score a decisive third until the 64th minute when Lazio went on a two-on-one attack and Cisse's through ball was latched onto by Klose who scored with a neat finish to complete his hat-trick. Malaga tried for a way back into the game and in a last ditch effort they brought on Ruud Van Nistelrooy for the last 15 minutes. The substitution added a different threat to the Malaga attack and with his first touch of the ball the Dutchman powered a header against the bar. A few minutes later Van Nistelrooy shanked a great opportunity wide before Malaga finally got a deserved consolation goal when some neat interplay between Van Nistelrooy and Buonanotte saw Van Nistelrooy through on goal and the Dutchman dinked the ball around the 'keeper and put the ball into and empty net. The game might have been different had Malaga scored one of their early chances, but Lazio were the better side over the whole 90 minutes and deserved the win.

Lazio goals: Klose (15', 19', 64')

Malaga goals: Van Nistelrooy (87')

I have officially given up on trying to play my fixture with Benfica from last week. He accepted my 1st PSN request and messaged to play when we were both online which I couldn't play as I was due in work. But since then he seems to have deleted me from PSN and not responded to any further messages or requests. He hasn't posted on this thread either. I'm currently waiting on Lazio and Napoli to reply on PSN but at least those fixtures are for this week and theres plenty of time to play our game hopefully over the weekend.

Archived