UFC 141:Lesnar vs Overeem Discussion Thread

David

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I don't think Melzter does them all that often. Obviously he's there because of the Brock Factor.

Brock said he was 278lbs and said it took him "about six hours" to feel right again after a surgery :)

He didn't seem to want to verbally spar with Overeem who threw out a few remarks. It was strange to hear Brock address obvious flaw when he said, "I'm just trying to build confidence in my standup". I've never hear him talk about it before.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This fight is huge, obviously. I see it as either the end of Lesnar's career or his career resurrection. Think about Brock's amateur wrestling career. 106-5. I don't have a match-by-match record, but I doubt in that time he suffered consecutive losses. I think after the Carwin battle, the Cain decimation, and the health scare, a loss to Overeem would mentally break Brock in MMA.

• Paid Members
I don't think Melzter does them all that often. Obviously he's there because of the Brock Factor.

Brock said he was 278lbs and said it took him "about six hours" to feel right again after a surgery :)

He didn't seem to want to verbally spar with Overeem who threw out a few remarks. It was strange to hear Brock address obvious flaw when he said, "I'm just trying to build confidence in my standup". I've never hear him talk about it before.

Meltzer said this in his update today...

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-sto...s-fight-lashley

--We spoke backstage with Brock Lesnar yesterday. How this affects fighting we shall see, but he's the biggest and strongest he's been in years. A lot of people saw the WWE 12 video, which must have been done just as he got back to training, but he's 278 pounds and looks enormous up close, far more than Alistair Overeem who is a little taller and almost as heavy. Lesnar said that Dana White did ask him to fight on tonight's show when the deal was first made but he said that he wouldn't be ready, but says he's surprised because he's recovered faster than he expected and would have been ready.

• Paid Members
How many times can one man say "y'know" in a sentence?

Surely not as many times as this man

20090208042157_mattserra.JPG

y'know

Not as bad as Overeem saying "Well" at the start of every sentance.

Or Dana White saying "listen" before he summarises.

y'know

Nah, listening to Meltzer say "y'know" three times in a eight word sentence is worse than any of that.

• Paid Members

y'know

Nah, listening to Meltzer say "y'know" three times in a eight word sentence is worse than any of that.

Yeah true - I was adding in another one.

Archived