UFC 141:Lesnar vs Overeem Discussion Thread

David

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has Brock actually recovered from his medical issues? As I understood it, he had most of his intestines taken out, surely that debilitates you for life?

:laugh: Most? You realise how long the intestines are?

He had 12 inches of his colon removed, which must have been very shitty (no pun) for him. Its recoverable but he may end up having further problems later on in life because of it.

• Paid Members
Shame Sanchez and Ellenberger aint on the card.

Still Nate vs Cerrone should be a cracker, will be rooting for Nate all the way!

Is Sanchez vs Ellenberger deffo not happening? Where did you read that mate? I hope it goes ahead.

And yeah Cerrone vs Nate is gonna be a fucking beauty. There's some fights (like Diaz vs Penn) where you just know there's absolutely no way it's gonna disappoint. This is one of them too. Glad to see them getting co-main event status. Winner is probably pretty high up in the title picture, especially if the Cowboy wins.

In the words of Gregory Jackson "Go get some Donald Cerr-on-eeee"

Shame Sanchez and Ellenberger aint on the card.

Still Nate vs Cerrone should be a cracker, will be rooting for Nate all the way!

Is Sanchez vs Ellenberger deffo not happening? Where did you read that mate? I hope it goes ahead.

And yeah Cerrone vs Nate is gonna be a fucking beauty. There's some fights (like Diaz vs Penn) where you just know there's absolutely no way it's gonna disappoint. This is one of them too. Glad to see them getting co-main event status. Winner is probably pretty high up in the title picture, especially if the Cowboy wins.

In the words of Gregory Jackson "Go get some Donald Cerr-on-eeee"

http://mmaweekly.com/diego-sanchez-on-the-...2012-ufc-return

Sounds like Sanchez wont be ready until 2012, according to his manager.

• Paid Members

Cheers for that. Bastard (not you :D ) I loved the sound of that fight aswell.

Oh well, I want them to do an Ellenberger/Condit rematch. The first fight was razor close and it makes sense for whoever wins to get the shot at the GSP/Diaz winner. If Condit fights Koscheck as the rumours suggest, they're fucked if Kos wins cos he's not likely to get a title shot for a good while and he'd just be eliminating Condit from the mix.

Condit vs Ellenberger 2, whoever wins is deserving of a crack at the champ.

Cheers for that. Bastard (not you :D ) I loved the sound of that fight aswell.

Oh well, I want them to do an Ellenberger/Condit rematch. The first fight was razor close and it makes sense for whoever wins to get the shot at the GSP/Diaz winner. If Condit fights Koscheck as the rumours suggest, they're fucked if Kos wins cos he's not likely to get a title shot for a good while and he'd just be eliminating Condit from the mix.

Condit vs Ellenberger 2, whoever wins is deserving of a crack at the champ.

I would like to see Condit fight Sanchez. A fight he should win against a faily big name could act as a good showcase fight to get him ready for the winner of GSP/Diaz

Koscheck fight is silly, for reasons rightly stated above, I hope that Kos goes to 185. Ellenberger would actually match up quite well against Koscheck, as Ellenberger is a decent wrestler who could keep it standing and look impressive in victory over Koscheck.

I would not moan if we do get a Condit vs Ellenberger rematch for the number 1 contendership though, with Fitch around as well 170 is actually quite stacked again round the title picture.

Oh well, I want them to do an Ellenberger/Condit rematch.

Nah, I'd not go that way. Condit has basically earned a shot, but putting him in a fight with Ellenberger will knock-off a challenger, and if St-Pierre beats Diaz we'll need all of the fresh challengers we can get.

• Paid Members

Only just realized this show is gonna be on a Friday night. Can't believe this fight is next month already. Seems like the announcement was only a couple of weeks ago.

This is the current lineup

Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem (5 rounds)

Donald Cerrone vs. Nate Diaz

Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Vladimir Matyushenko

Manny Gamburyan vs. Diego Nunes

Junior Assuncao vs. Ross Pearson

Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson

T.J. Grant vs. Jacob Volkmann

Still probably be a couple of fights added yet aswell. What a way to close out 2011.

ufc_141_poster_large.jpg

Archived