UFC 141:Lesnar vs Overeem Discussion Thread

David

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Lesnar's wrestling is top notch if am honest, he did get Cain down, he just couldnt keep him there, he took Carwin down as well. In every MMA fight Lesnar has had he has been able to takedown his oppenent at least once.

If he gets on top you properly, it is very hard to get up. The Mir fight was a slaughter, and Mir as Wandshotgun said, is much better of his back than Overeem.

I am leaning towards Overeem, but if Lesnar can get Overeem down, and keep him on his back he could pull it out. Even if Overeem stuffs a few early, am not confident in Overeem's gas tank. Lesnar could weather a few situations and end up pounding Overeem out in the later rounds once Overeem is tired.

I think Overeem will beat Brock early, but I think Lesnar does have a shot if he fights smart and doesnt panic.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Lesnar's wrestling is top notch if am honest, he did get Cain down, he just couldnt keep him there, he took Carwin down as well. In every MMA fight Lesnar has had he has been able to takedown his oppenent at least once.

He took Carwin down once he was gassed out and suffering from bronchitis, and got Cain down then failed miserably to follow up once he got him there. His wrestling as far as MMA goes hasn't been all that impressive really, especially when you compare it to the likes of Chael Sonnen & Matt Hughes.

He took Carwin down once he was gassed out and suffering from bronchitis, and got Cain down then failed miserably to follow up once he got him there. His wrestling as far as MMA goes hasn't been all that impressive really, especially when you compare it to the likes of Chael Sonnen & Matt Hughes.

I said that, it is still impressive he got Cain down in the first place.

Beside Daniel Cormier and Cain, I dont think anyone else at Heavyweight is as good a wrestler as Brock. I would say that is pretty top notch.

Beside Daniel Cormier and Cain, I dont think anyone else at Heavyweight is as good a wrestler as Brock. I would say that is pretty top notch.

He's the best of a bad bunch to be honest. Obviously Velasquez is miles out in front of him & everyone else.

Diego Sanchez vs Jake Ellenberger is on for this show now. Fucking great fight.

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/diego-sanc...berger-ufc-141/

Really nice bit of match making. Sanchez last beat Kampmann, and Ellenberger just beat Shields, who beat Kampmann to get a shot. I don't think this is a no. 1 contender's fight, I think Penn vs. Diaz determines the next WW challenger, unless that fight turns into a dud and this becomes a great war. Definitely a fight that puts one of them in the upper echelon.

• 1 month later...

Has Brock actually recovered from his medical issues? As I understood it, he had most of his intestines taken out, surely that debilitates you for life?

Has Brock actually recovered from his medical issues? As I understood it, he had most of his intestines taken out, surely that debilitates you for life?

Meltzer said it would be a minor miracle if he is 100% come December. It is meant to take quite a while for someone to recover from the procedure he had.

Archived