Your Favorite Seller!

Michael_3165

Scott Hall rightly said: if you were to take a stunner in real life, who would drop to their knees? Hall's neck gets dragged down and he springs forward. The sell job for the stunner fucking brilliant. Hall was brilliant though wasnt he? In his prime, he was awesome.

It's a moot point though, because nobody would really take a stunner in real life. If someone did miraculously manage it, it would probably more resemble Donald Trump taking it, rather than the crisp, presentable visual we see in the wrestling. There's very little that's logical about it in the first place.

Imo the best 'takers' of the Stunner were Marc Mero and RVD, whilst the best 'seller' of it afterwards was Jake Roberts.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should've added, nothing particularly outrageous in my picks - I liked how Savage, Hitman, Steamboat and Rey took a beating, and their consistency with it. A bit surprised Rey wasn't mentioned until quite well into the thread though.

Savage was so good I could barely even tell if he was selling or had blown out his knee legit or something before the HBK match on the German leg of the European Rampage tour for example. I would probably have been the same if I didn't know anything about the WM match and Flair title change just after Summerslam.

Scott Hall rightly said: if you were to take a stunner in real life, who would drop to their knees? Hall's neck gets dragged down and he springs forward. The sell job for the stunner fucking brilliant. Hall was brilliant though wasnt he? In his prime, he was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0mAVDkO10g

Nash takes it standing up as well. Scott's last great opportunity, that run. Shame he fucked up.

• Paid Members
It's a moot point though, because nobody would really take a stunner in real life. If someone did miraculously manage it, it would probably more resemble Donald Trump taking it, rather than the crisp, presentable visual we see in the wrestling. There's very little that's logical about it in the first place.

Imo the best 'takers' of the Stunner were Marc Mero and RVD, whilst the best 'seller' of it afterwards was Jake Roberts.

The Rock sold the Stunner the best, I don't care what anyone says!

Re: Rob Van Dam, he sells his own finishing move, the five star frog splash, brilliantly, he acts like he is really winded, and I bet he is with the force he hits it.

Rikishi could sell a strong clothesline brilliantly in the way he could turn himself 'inside out' as they say, for a man of his size, on the subject of Rikishi, I have to applaud Val Venis' selling of Rikishis splash off a cage several years ago, he sold it like he'd crushed every rib in his body.

• Paid Members

I'll always remember Jeff Hardy's rag doll selling against 'Taker in a ladder match, which actually had me sympathising for the lad, and also his selling during his Invasion match with RVD was quiet the ticket.

Mr.Perfect and Bret Hart were both untouchable for selling and selling a story in the ring, and I thought X-Pac was majestic at times.

Oh, I'll go with Billy Gunn and that fuckin' Clothesline from Heck too.

Nowadays, I love Ziggler's approach and I'd give an honorable mention to Justin Gabriel.

Archived