Your Favorite Seller!

Michael_3165

I think Vince deserves an honorable mention in this thread. He couldn't bump for shit, but he really is the master when it comes to telling a story with his expressions. Vince can do it all- from completely OTT comedy over-reactions like his patented gulp-of-fear, to real heartfelt emotion when the situation demands it. If you want a recent example, just look at his last TV appearance. He actually shed real tears when HHH came out on Raw to tell him he was being relieved of his duties. He looked like a broken man.

Top shout. I haven

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Vince is awesome though, if it wasn't for that match then picking Vince's best facial would be as difficult as picking Peter North's.

Which incidentally, I believe to be on Anita Blonde in North Pole 2 : The Loadman Commeth.

I know you're all thinking it now, so here's the link, for all you filthy bastards: Facial from about 0:50

Mick Foley. May not be the obvious choice since the pain in his matches was all too often real, but he was tremendous at conveying that pain to an audience, and showing vulnerability through his facials and body language. They way he'd drop to the canvas like a sack of spuds after a chair shot, and his face-down foetal-position "dead-sell" in particular. And his vocal selling was tremendous. Some of those screams and groans were pretty harrowing. When he wrestled as a face, you felt such sympathy for him - even if a sick part of you wanted to see him take a horrendous beating.

• Paid Members
Special mention should be Scott Hall's selling of the Stunner.

Scott Hall rightly said: if you were to take a stunner in real life, who would drop to their knees? Hall's neck gets dragged down and he springs forward. The sell job for the stunner fucking brilliant. Hall was brilliant though wasnt he? In his prime, he was awesome.

Benoit in the first Money in the Bank was probably the single best selljob I've ever seen as a one off injury. Incredible work. But I try to make a point of thinking he's a silly murdering twat, so I don't want to give him too many further props for it.

Bret is the winner for me, for mostly what people have already said. The one guy, who more than anyone else ever, made you think the entire thing was a real contest and the man was experiencing real issues in his job. From selling an injury before, after or during a match, to selling a victory, defeat or even tough spell in his career. I can't think of anybody who understood just how vital it was to always be "on". I love Cena to death, but if he was even half as good as remembering even what happened to him last week as Bret was, it wouldn't half shut some of his naysayers up. I don't give a fuck if he shakes off a leg injury, it's more that the events of the last 24 hours/7 days so rarely even look as though they've affected him in any way - physically or emotionally. In the moment, I actually think he's pretty great. Watch him on the apron waiting for a hot tag, he fucking loves it, wrestling couldn't be more real to him.

Bret was never off. That was what made him so great. And also obviously a bit of a miserable bastard from time to time.

Benoit in the first Money in the Bank was probably the single best selljob I've ever seen as a one off injury. Incredible work. But I try to make a point of thinking he's a silly murdering twat, so I don't want to give him too many further props for it.

Bret is the winner for me, for mostly what people have already said. The one guy, who more than anyone else ever, made you think the entire thing was a real contest and the man was experiencing real issues in his job. From selling an injury before, after or during a match, to selling a victory, defeat or even tough spell in his career. I can't think of anybody who understood just how vital it was to always be "on". I love Cena to death, but if he was even half as good as remembering even what happened to him last week as Bret was, it wouldn't half shut some of his naysayers up. I don't give a fuck if he shakes off a leg injury, it's more that the events of the last 24 hours/7 days so rarely even look as though they've affected him in any way - physically or emotionally. In the moment, I actually think he's pretty great. Watch him on the apron waiting for a hot tag, he fucking loves it, wrestling couldn't be more real to him.

Bret was never off. That was what made him so great. And also obviously a bit of a miserable bastard from time to time.

Great post. And to me, you cant get abetter example than Rumble 94. Your brother has kicked the leg out of your leg, youve wrestled the majority of a 15 min tag match. Yet you go into the Rumble, 1/2 win it despite the original Mr Roboto, and sell both the emotional and physical injury throughout

Archived