On the hunt for a new ISP

Sir Steve Redgrave

• Paid Members

I've decided to switch from Orange as my internet service provider as they've caused me loads of hassle and it just seems to be getting slower by the day. I've had a look around the net at deals and offers but thought i'd ask here on the UKFF to see if anyone had any advice? I mostly use it for pretty casual browsing around the usual suspects (Twitter, Facebook etc.) and also torrent a fair bit, only one or two things at a time though. I'm also from Southampton if that makes any difference to speed and stuff. I'm not great with technology, that's why i'm asking for a wee bit of help. :)

I've been with Be* for the last three years or so, and have been largely happy. There've been spells where it's gone shit and the customer service team on their forums are quite helpful but not really (all their suggestions are along the "it's faulty wiring at your house" lines), but I'm fine with it overall. I think it's

I've decided to switch from Orange as my internet service provider as they've caused me loads of hassle and it just seems to be getting slower by the day. I've had a look around the net at deals and offers but thought i'd ask here on the UKFF to see if anyone had any advice? I mostly use it for pretty casual browsing around the usual suspects (Twitter, Facebook etc.) and also torrent a fair bit, only one or two things at a time though. I'm also from Southampton if that makes any difference to speed and stuff. I'm not great with technology, that's why i'm asking for a wee bit of help. :)

I switched over from Orange to TalkTalk due to the online offer which was

I've heard alot of good things about O2. Anybody got any experience using them?

Fantastic in a word

No complaints from them whatsoever. Had my router blow up a few times but was replaced immediately by them connection is solid if unspectacularly fast and the customer services/ tech team usually are up for a good laugh.

Archived