John Cena v The Rock

Devon Malcolm

John Cena v The Rock  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

LOL @ The Miz. Weirdly, it brings back a fond memory of 2002. It was prior to the No Mercy PPV and Ric Flair was slotted to go against Rob Van Dam. I put it to the folk on the AOL message boards (Absolutely buzzing with activity once upon a time) that RVD would have to carry Flair through it. I was then rightfully put in my place.

What made it worse though, is that when they said Flair was a ring general, I thought they meant he'd had somekind of army gimmick in the past :(

Flair was awesome in that first WWE run. I'd never really seen him before, and when he first turned up I thought "who IS this old man with a lisp?" He soon put me in my place. His WM match against Undertaker is massively underrated, a classic. Arn Anderson's spine buster made me a kid for a minute.

LOL @ The Miz. Weirdly, it brings back a fond memory of 2002. It was prior to the No Mercy PPV and Ric Flair was slotted to go against Rob Van Dam. I put it to the folk on the AOL message boards (Absolutely buzzing with activity once upon a time) that RVD would have to carry Flair through it. I was then rightfully put in my place.

What made it worse though, is that when they said Flair was a ring general, I thought they meant he'd had somekind of army gimmick in the past :(

The funny thing is, you weren't far wrong. Flair talks about that first year or so he was back in WWE (up until he had the big Raw match with HHH) like he didn't have a clue what he was doing and wished his opponents would've taken the lead in matches.

• 5 months later...
  • Paid Members

I'm all up ins Team Bring It. Rock is my Hogan, he's who I grew up with admiring.

Cena's pretty good though. I like him a lot and *that* promo last night was tremendous. I'm actually really excited for this build after that

IBR

Archived