UFC 135: 'Jones vs Rampage' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

Jones vs Rampage  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hope you're right. Could be your Fedor/Werdum moment of 2011 if you're right again this time :)

Oi! I also said Werdum would win :thumbsup: haha.

I'm also picking Rampage, although he hasn't been too impressive lately I think his experience will prove to be the factor when Jones starts to get cocky and alittle reckless. Rampage by TKO in the 2nd.

• Paid Members

Fair play, I honestly never gave Werdum much of a shot in that fight. I was well and truly expecting Fedor to smash him, I didn't see him going unbeaten much longer but I always thought it would be a big monster like Brock or Overeem who would beat him.

I can't see Rampage winning this. I'd like to see him win but at the same time I wanna see Jones vs Rashad aswell so I'm kind of on the fence. We can't lose either way, I think Rampage vs Rashad 2 would be a better fight next time too. Rampage was rusty as fuck the first time, still probably lose the rematch but it would be a better fight imo.

• Paid Members

quick question about the broadcast...

seeings that we no longer get the Spike prelims, is there anyways we can still get them over here? I'm staying up for this badboy so will it be a case of watching the facebook fights (which are light, just 3!) then waiting an hour for the main show to start or do the UFC get the Spike card on for us somehow? I haven't watched a show live since the ESPN/Spike prelims boycott thing.

quick question about the broadcast...

seeings that we no longer get the Spike prelims, is there anyways we can still get them over here? I'm staying up for this badboy so will it be a case of watching the facebook fights (which are light, just 3!) then waiting an hour for the main show to start or do the UFC get the Spike card on for us somehow? I haven't watched a show live since the ESPN/Spike prelims boycott thing.

They stream it live for us on ufc.tv

• Paid Members

It's cool we get to see the prelims still. Wonder if they could start showing em on FX in the future. I'm a lazy cunt (at 2 in the morning i am anyway), would make life easier just to switch from FX to ESPN for the main show, save me pissing about with the PC upstairs.

This will do nicely though. I've missed some of the recent prelims from not getting in in time. I'm gonna try and catch all the fights live this time.

• Paid Members

First Dana video blog for 135 showing behind the scenes footage of UFC 134 and Saturday's Fight Night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt8pydSY_bA

And Matt Hughes' fight with Koscheck at the weekend is the last fight on Hughes' current contract according to various sites. He's gonna decide what he wants to do after the show Saturday. I think it's pretty safe to assume a loss here will probably spell the end of Hughes' career as a fighter. It's Tito/Bader all over again.

• Paid Members

Few quotes

Jones

"I'm not here to show that I'm a better talker, to show that I'm better at arguing, to show that I'm better at insulting. That's not my mission. My mission is to come out of Sept. 24."

"My job is not to out-talk him. You're talking about an opponent who threatens and harasses literally every opponent in his career's history, and I'm very aware of this. So I'll let him talk and have fun and make me look like the scared one, but when I'm in the Octagon on the 24th, that's when I'll demand more respect."

"I understand what I'm up against. I've been a fan of Quinton before fighting him, so I've been watching all the YouTube videos, and his whole past and the things that he's said in the past and the character that he is. So it's just understanding what you're up against. I'm up against a guy who loves to entertain, and that's just the beast that I'm fighting. So my awareness helps me keep my composure."

"The only thing that bothered me initially was the spygate situation. And it wasn't the situation necessarily, it was the fact that fans actually considered the fact that I would pay someone to...first of all, find someone to go to his camp and then pay someone and try to get Rampage to trust them, and all this ludicrousness, I thought that was pretty interesting that the fans would think I would do something like that."

"I'll let him talk and have fun and make him look like the scared one, but when I'm in the octagon on the 24th, that's when I'll demand more respect."

"People that anger me and try and insult me, it definitely makes me fight better. The only reason it makes me fight better is because it makes me prepare better. I realize that every statement I make and every quote I make, I'll have to back it up, and that's why I try not to insult my opponents. I just try to state things that I believe to be true.

"So I know I can't get into a verbal debate and say all these things and lose the fight. I'll look real silly at the end of the fight if I made comments like my opponent doesn't have punching power, and then end up getting dazed and knocked out somehow. You've got to to back up the things that you say, and that's why I try not to speak too much when it comes to insults and (I) just focus on training so that I win the fight."

Rampage

"He's a cocky little kid. He's a sheep, just like a lot of other people out there. He got the belt, and his head been up his ass ever since. Fame goes to different people different ways, and he's just a cocky little kid."

"If you go back and look at my interviews [before fights with] Marvin Eastman and Chuck Liddell and Dan Henderson and other guys, I react the way the guys act towards me. The guy has never walked the way I've walked in this sport, and basically the guy just said the wrong [expletive] and I treat him the way I treat him because I got no respect for him."

"After I relieve him of his first loss, I think Jon will go on to be a better fighter because he won't have all that pressure of being undefeated....I'm just the person to give him that first [expletive]-whooping so he can go on and be a great fighter that I know he can be."

Screen-Recording-9.gif

frj3m.gif

• Paid Members

Some twitter stuff

"6 days until I defeat a legend" -Jon Jones

"I wish the fight was tomorrow,I'm ready 2 do this kid in,I'm getting my belt back!I'm very confident n dis #wolfmode" -Rampage Jackson

"So @ufc is picking me up and I'm riding with bisping and rashad. Wolflair and bones next opponent. Wtf...." -Malki Kawa, Jon Jones' manager

"In the car with jones's manager. He's talking shit already. Got a feeling he'll be lost for words on Saturday night" -Michael Bisping

Archived