Are You Proud To Be British?

David

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I think, in general, when someone says they don't like multiculturalism, what they tend to mean is they'd prefer less dark faces about.

I know he does, I'm pointing out that saying "multiculturalism is unbritish" is pants on head retarded. As you say, it's one of the best things about our culture and has been for years.

I know, I'll put it in a way they'll like.

We'd have never kicked the fuck out of the French everytime we did without people who weren't English.

• Paid Members
How about Jim Davidson?

I always feel quite sad and nostalgic about how Jim Davidson's ended up, I have great memories of the guy as a child on Big Break and The Generation Game, now he seems hated by most, by his doing of course.

• Paid Members
Funnily enough, the people who are proud of and want to fight for britishness as a concept, tend to be one of the most embarassing things about a country

Especially when that country is Italy.

• Paid Members
I always feel quite sad and nostalgic about how Jim Davidson's ended up, I have great memories of the guy as a child on Big Break and The Generation Game, now he seems hated by most, by his doing of course.

He was in Home James and Up The Elephant And Round The Castle. Even if he wasn't a massive racist and spectacularly unfunny wankstain, he would still deserve the bad AIDS for those carbuncles.

Meh, I grew up with my dad as a Welsh rugby fan and I use to boast I was 3/4 welsh as a kid cause I am. It was different, everyone around me was English or part Scottish (very odd being in dorset) so Welsh was different and I liked it. I'm still more proud to be Welsh than anything else, even if it's by proxy.

Overall, I can't feel too proud. As a neurotic, I feel more slighted by other countries than proud of my Britishness. I'm often bitching to myself about the way America has portrayed British culture and other things, but I'm not proud of being British. It's something I am, not something I've achieved or gained through merit.

I don't do pride, but anyone who dosen't care about their nationality and dosen't defend it is just traitorous scum, IMO, same for those who think we have a discusting history, there should be laws against spouting stuff like that, but alas it's a free country.

What about The British Empire where we invaded and murdered and stole other countries for all the work we did against the Nazi's once up on a time we were no better.

I am truly embarrassed about that past of the British past.

Can anyone really say that's a past to be proud of or it wasn't a disgusting part of our history what should never of happened.

Archived