Bill Watts once let a man give him oral pleasure

nfc90210

No then. In hindsight, I think it was Scott Keith who claimed that so I should have known better. Michaels was a bit ornery about it in his shoot, but Shawn Michaels at the time of his RF Shoot and Shawn Michaels in 2009 or whenever it was that Watts got inducted are night and day.

Reading around the internet, turns out that Cowboy Bill was only booking for WWF for about 3 weeks in Autumn 95 and was behind the best TV tapings and angles that year.

But then again he was also (partially) responsible for

011.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You might be completely right, but I still feel it's a messed up situation, and the sort of thing that can still screw someone up.

Taking that above quote, it's still uncertain what exact age he's talking about (as all those things can start happening from 12/13), but he does talk about the guy recruiting for universities. You can start that at 17, so it's entirely possible that they'd be recruiting sports standouts from the age of 16/17. Anyway, it's in the school system, so it's still illegal even if they were a bit older. Offering cash rewards (and presumable, favouritism in the Sports Teams) to those willing to be blown is pretty fucked up stuff!

I'm really, really not defending Bill being a racist/bigot bastard or anything, but I just don't find the fact that he got "groomed for sexual favours" when he was a young man all that funny.

Now, all the God stuff... yeah, I'm not defending any of that!

Later on in his blog, in a bit which I didn't quote, Bills writes...

...I am just against their lifestyle, and do not

Later on in his blog, in a bit which I didn't quote, Bills writes...

In it he makes a distinction between homosexuals and paedophiles.

Not really much of a distinction is it?

He refers to both as those who "seduce children", buts he adds that the pedo's "rape and attack" as well as seduce.

His writing seems all over the place, which is odd as he's an interesting bloke to hear talk.

---

Thanks, Butch, will read that link.

• Paid Members
Not really much of a distinction is it?

He refers to both as those who "seduce children", buts he adds that the pedo's "rape and attack" as well as seduce.

His writing seems all over the place, which is odd as he's an interesting bloke to hear talk.

---

Thanks, Butch, will read that link.

The theme of the blog, or one of the themes, is that homosexuality is a choice. That people aren't born gay. That some folks are, when young, seduced into the homosexual lifestyle by older more experienced homosexuals. That is why Bill considers homosexuals so dangerous. They make people turn away from God.

As far as I see it he makes a clear distinction between homosexuals and paedophiles. He then goes onto say that he considers homosexuals just as dangerous as paedophiles.

• Paid Members

Not a defence at all, but the Watts argument was that he should have the right to discriminate against blacks, not that he wanted to do so personally or thought it was a good thing to do. In his book he concedes you probably do need anti-discrimination rules because his original theory that the free market would drive the rackets out of business wouldn't work in practice.

It's only the media who push big Ron as a biggot really, I think most people with abit of sense realise he isnt't Paul McGrath, Dalian Atkinson and a few others came out in his defence and said they were mates and he was definately no racist, still a baffling thing to say like, always felt sorry for the bloke though.

I reckon there's a fair bit of bigotry in both football and wrestling still around today, whether you hear of it or not. There's probably less outright racism, but I'd guess homophobia is pretty rampant. The fact that there hasn't been an openly gay premiership footballer in this country in nearly twenty years since the sport 'went commercial' with Sky speaks volumes. Obviously them gays are shit at football and all that, but there must be more to it.

Whether it's malicious or just misguided stuff that goes on (I'm thinking of the Robbie Fowler taunts to Graeme Le Saux and stuff of that ilk), I'm not sure, but I imagine in both sports it has something to do with the environment of groups of macho, testosterone-driven young men who historically aren't the sharpest tools in the drawer, and the defence mechanisms they come up with as a result of spending a fair portion of their lives in close contact with other scantily-clad young men.

His honesty and confidence is admirable, most of us don't have it in us to express ourselves against the general grain like that. He makes a good point, we can like who we want to like, and we can dislike who we want to dislike, don't be dictated by society and everyone elses feelings.

• Paid Members
I reckon there's a fair bit of bigotry in both football and wrestling still around today, whether you hear of it or not. There's probably less outright racism, but I'd guess homophobia is pretty rampant. The fact that there hasn't been an openly gay premiership footballer in this country in nearly twenty years since the sport 'went commercial' with Sky speaks volumes. Obviously them gays are shit at football and all that, but there must be more to it.

Whether it's malicious or just misguided stuff that goes on (I'm thinking of the Robbie Fowler taunts to Graeme Le Saux and stuff of that ilk), I'm not sure, but I imagine in both sports it has something to do with the environment of groups of macho, testosterone-driven young men who historically aren't the sharpest tools in the drawer, and the defence mechanisms they come up with as a result of spending a fair portion of their lives in close contact with other scantily-clad young men.

BBC did a really good show on this awhile back that heavily featured that welsh rugby player and Clark Carlise (he's not gay) and made some good points about how some would treat a gay player in the dressing room, it only takes one idiot to say i'm not showering with him or changing infront of him etc and it kicks off a whole thing, I don't think it would be worth it for a footballer to declare himself gay the taunts from the crowd etc would likely get to them unless their think-skinned, sad but true. The whole thing badly got to Graeme Le Saux and he's not evne gay. Did have to laugh at the basis of him being assumed gay was that he was a guardian reader who looked after himself though :laugh:

• Paid Members
I believe the only gay footie player we had was the Fash's bro wasn't it.

Aye Justin Fashanu, ended up hanging himself while awaiting trial for some form of kiddie fiddling, Fash publicly disowned him aswell when it came out and Brian Clough gave him a bollocking infront of all the lads in training about it, sad to hear that cause I love Cloughie, he admits he was wrong about it in his book though. I think the fact that he was the worst and it went so badly for him has definately put others off.

• Paid Members
There's loads of info on it in this thread. It's an interesting read too. - http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.p...=20584&st=0

Cheers Butch, interesting read.

Question for anyone who might know, someone on that link mentions that Watts booked Camp Cornette as top heels in 1996 but I thought he left in October 1995? Did he come back?

Archived