Removing Printed Letters Off Footy Shirts

Steve Justice

• Awards Moderator

Just found this on another site, Steve:

You'll need: a hair dryer, a razor blade, rubbing alcohol and a rag.

1 - Clean and dry the jersey as detailed on the garment label.

2 - Heat the vinyl lettering with the hair dryer until it becomes warm to the touch.

3 - Slide the razor blade under one corner of the vinyl lettering and gently lift until you can pull the letter up with your fingers.

4 - Apply the rubbing alcohol to any remaining glue left beneath the lettering. Let it soak for one minute.

5 - Rub the moist glue remnants with a clean dry rag until they break apart and fall off.

6 - Rewash the jersey according to the label specifications

Alternatively you could use a iron that's cooling down, but I'd imagine that may leave traces once the letters are removed.

2 - Heat the vinyl lettering with the hair dryer until it becomes warm to the touch.

3 - Slide the razor blade under one corner of the vinyl lettering and gently lift until you can pull the letter up with your fingers.

4 - Apply the rubbing alcohol to any remaining glue left beneath the lettering. Let it soak for one minute.

5 - Rub the moist glue remnants with a clean dry rag until they break apart and fall off.

Alternatively you could use a iron that's cooling down, but I'd imagine that may leave traces once the letters are removed.

Good stuff. Hopefully it will do the trick.

Just burn it man.

This will be the alternative if the above doesn't work.

If you did this would you be able to get it redone with diff name and number

I work in a sports and do these prints all the time. We were always told to remind customers not to use fabric softeners, so Id say try that.

You wouldnt believe how many people try to bring a shirt back when a player gets transfered. I tried to talk someone out of having Nasri printed the other week because it was virtually a donedeal, but he was adament thats what he wanted, only to then come back a few days later demanding his money back. God bless disclaimer forms.

• Paid Members
I work in a sports and do these prints all the time. We were always told to remind customers not to use fabric softeners, so Id say try that.

You wouldnt believe how many people try to bring a shirt back when a player gets transfered. I tried to talk someone out of having Nasri printed the other week because it was virtually a donedeal, but he was adament thats what he wanted, only to then come back a few days later demanding his money back. God bless disclaimer forms.

Iv'e noticed alot of people have started going for legends names on the back recently Zola, Shearer etc so they don't look like a berk when the player buggers off, iv'e seen a guy around a fair bit and every year hes wearing the new united shirt with Cantona 7 on the back, do you get many of these requests or is it just a new thing.

Archived