All Star cutting down on their number of shows

drew4primeminister

You don't think being in business for at least 25 years is successful?

My post wasn't a criticism, i'd be the first person to point out that he's spent the last 25 years adapting his company to ensure continued success.

I've been going to his shows for the vast majority of those 25 years and I was more pointing out that he has left the door open at pretty much all of his venues for the last 5-10 years for others to attempt to put on more regular successful shows but no one has succeeded.

I think WWE should make All Star a developmental territory.

People are queuing up to wrestle for ASW. A camp show a few weeks back had wrestlers over from the States, Japan, France and Belgium all over learning how to wrestle in front of different crowds.

• Paid Members
I think WWE should make All Star a developmental territory.

People are queuing up to wrestle for ASW. A camp show a few weeks back had wrestlers over from the States, Japan, France and Belgium all over learning how to wrestle in front of different crowds.

It kind of is, unofficially. If you work for All-Star you've got a good chance of being signed by WWE given that Drew McDonald is a talent scout for WWE and works there.

It kind of is, unofficially. If you work for All-Star you've got a good chance of being signed by WWE given that Drew McDonald is a talent scout for WWE and works there.

True. Although it would make sense for WWE to send of few guys over the do the circuit.

Not directly you wouldn't, but if you follow British wrestling then indirectly you may. You have to remember that a company such as All Star that is able to provide more work than most gives workers the opportunity to work against different people and improve their skills. Something they can't do without regular work.

True, true.

• Paid Members

What sort of odds is a "good choice"?

It's just a good business decision by Brian. He's a businessman and not a mark, so if business is down there's no reason to lose money on shows. The same is happening in Wales, i've changed my business plan of running three shows a month to scaling back to one a month, because families with limited income aren't buying tickets for wrestling shows or other entertainment shows, domestic bills and food are their priority in these tough times.

Also doesn't help that shitarse promotions are popping up everywhere!

Anyway, as i'm writing this, Brian and his wife are probably soaking up the rays on the mediterranean somewhere, and deservedly so after 40 years of practically dominating British wrestling.

Archived