The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Melissa Santos is so beautiful it hurts. She alone is reason to watch. Luckily the shows are great too. I'd love it if Pentagon went back to kicking arse and snapping arms though.

Dario Cuerto getting a drink after Alberto had been thrown through the window of his office was absolutely inspired. I'm glad Mil Muertes is coming back but I don't think another feud with Fenix is the way to go. But I have faith in Lucha Underground they'll make it good. Next week's ladder match is going to be AWESOME.

• Paid Members

There isn't, unfortunately. You'd be surprised how easy it is to watch the Spanish-language stuff, though. AAA upload their weekly TV to their YouTube channel - and you can use my reviews on (cheap plug) Steelchair to help you follow what's going on.

AAA is pretty easy to follow even with the language barrier really. Any gaps can be explained by glancing at the luchablog. Quite a few people will be recognisable to you too. Apparently the World Cup ippv will have English commentary so that might be a good starting point. Triplemania probably will too.

I'm not sure not understanding the language makes much difference with CMLL. You can't follow everything they do anyway, you'd lose interest very quickly, and most stories are pretty simple. There will be some baffling moments but that's just CMLL. They're a masochistic watch really. They have some great matches, they have some awful ones in the house style, and they have no interest in their televised product.

Archived