The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

I'm guessing Fantasma can't use that gimmick for copyright reasons actually.

It still seems like they don't really know what they want the show to be. Weren't they interested in Russo at one stage? It just seems a bit odd to build it up as one thing and then decide to change it all to tour.

Also IWRG barely seems watchable any more. I'm pretty sure Terry works a lot of the Chilangamask shows though which I think you can get footage of from Terry Jr for a small fee.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I think the break is a good idea - at least, 3 months would be. It's still a fun show but I can easily see getting burned out on much more of it.

Wrestling is the only thing in the world where this kind of break would be strange isn't it? No wonder we all get so sick of Raw.

Will be cool to see them having a big blow off show and then coming back fresh for a new season towards the end of the summer.

• Paid Members

I love the idea of a break. One of the biggest problems with wrestling is how stories cannot be really properly finished because the wrestlers always have to come back the very next week and do something else. While with Lucha Underground because of the break they can chuck Mil Muertes in a coffin and he can disappear for the rest of the season and it really feels like the storyline has concluded satisfactorily. In a way it means they can tell proper stories with a beginning, middle and end. I love it.

• Paid Members

Wrestling is the only thing in the world where this kind of break would be strange isn't it? No wonder we all get so sick of Raw.

Generally fans are trained to where if you want a break from wrestling, you take one yourself. If Raw was great every week, we'd all be watching it 52 weeks a year.

Lucha Underground can take a break, though, because its not really a promotion. Its a TV series and the audience is pretty small and only watched by people who know the score anyway. The likes of TNA and WWE (even ROH) simply couldnt do it. WWE would lose all kinds of money and TNA took a break for a few months last year and I'm certain half the wrestling fan base thinks they went under. Even the smart audience didnt talk about them. You lose so much momentum if you have a fairly large audience and you go dark.

The segment between Pentagon jr, Melissa Santos and sexy star this week was tremendous. Not because of the content, but because it was the most realistic reaction to a wrestler trying to attack a non wrestler I've ever seen, that girl fucking scrambled to get away from him.

I'm convinced vampiro is his master now.

• Paid Members

Some tremendous action in each of the matches on LU this week. Cage catching SoH in a vertical suplex off a suicide dive being a standout moment for me.

I like Willie Mack a lot, he's got that old school JYD look about him and he can really move for a chunky guy. 

A fun hour of wrestling as usual, although a little lacking in their stylish signature backstage vignettes this week.

Archived