The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They seem to have the balance really well at the moment. You don't see every star on every show, they build the anticipation. Every match told a great story and continues building storylines. Loved the main event, they click and it should be a great feud. Puma and Cage was great. Pentagon Jnr is fast becoming my favourite.

Aerostar vs Drago in a 5 match series, Sold!!! Seriously though everything about LU makes sense from Sexxy Star's beef with Cueto's goons to King Cuerno vs  Mundo and Mundo at least selling the knee. Pentagon's demo on Jobbers is super Puma vs Cage was also great.

There is no down side to LU apart from the Del Rio Texano thing which was absent and the show was better for it. Best wrestling on telly, That simple

• Paid Members

Lucha Future, the group running the Royal Albert Hall version of the July London lucha shows, gas confirmed the following:

Today we are proud to announce fifteen of the sixteen wrestlers:

Blue Demon Jr., La Parka , Psycho Clown, Villano IV, Magno, Hijo Del Fantasma, Pentagon, Fenix, Texano Jr., Blue Demoncito Jr., Mini Histeria, Octagoncito, Mini Abismo Negro, and our two luchadoras Sexy Star, Faby Apache. The sixteenth big star mystery luchador is to be named nearer the time

So, mainly AAA-associated luchadors.

Great line up though :)

Really fancy going to this :)

Very strong line-up, and one that is likely of interest to Lucha Underground fans given the presence of Fenix, Texano, Pentagon, Sexy Star, Demon and Fantasma (King Cuerno).

The La Parka listed, remember, is the AAA replacement version that was originally La Parka Jr, not the one that was in WCW. That one is now L.A. ParK.

The competing Lucha Libre World show across town is currently advertising El Hijo Del Santo, Dr Wagner Jr, Cassandro and Mascarita Sagrada. Wouldn't surprise me to see L.A. ParK added to this one, actually.

Magno, incidentally, is currently being listed for BOTH.

"The London Lucha Wars".

The Royal Albert Hall show is £38 for restricted view seats, £48 for the circle (top deck), £53 for stalls (bottom deck), £68 for the floor, and between £79 and £104 for the boxes. I'm genuinely baffled as to how many tickets they believe they are going to sell.

Alberto and Rey are both part-timers in AAA though so Myzteziz is the one headlining most of the regular shows anyways. He's not in the best spot, but he's not in a bad spot either.

Anyway, been wanting to see Rey back in Mexico for quite some time so this is excellent news to me. Exciting times ahead for AAA.

Also, I'm really looking forward to this "World Cup" event they're doing on May 23. Rey/Alberto/Myzteziz is as big a team as it gets. Hopefully Team USA and Team Japan are good too.

Archived