The Lucha Libre Thread

Vamp

Another fab show and that Puma spot with the ladder was superb, real Buster Keaton stuff, without a 2 tonne house falling on you. If this somehow gets cancelled I may cry,  as is by far the best wrestling stuff on telly at the moment. Coherent stories, things that matter great matches.. in an hour? nah you need 3 clearly

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoying this product so far. The production is off the chart for the expense. Loving Puma's work in ring. Just an amazing talent to watch and study. The mask is a bit miss with me but great nonetheless.

I really hope it's not the case for a review from the network with recent figures announced. A really fantastic alternative from the mainstream wwe tosh they're serving up on a regular basis.

Watched the ladder match and really enjoyed it, well it's Lucha Underground so why wouldn't I enjoy it? There were a few obvious botches but the participants recovered really well. They would have been tough spots anyway.

One of the highlights for me was Mundo pushing the ladder over and Puma just standing there while it missed him.

The announcing at times was great but towards the end it got really annoying. Nice touches like pointing out Big Ryck was gassed were great. It adds a layer of believability to the character. Logically a guy his size with two people helping him would be unbeatable, but if you ride it out he gets weaker. However when they started closing the show out as Big Ryck was still climbing a ladder I cringed, but no where near as bad as when Styker thought a fan had jumped in the ring

But no where near as bad as when Styker thought a fan had jumped in the ring

You realise that was supposed to be a "fan", right?They even showed him in the crowd earlier

Fair enough if it's a story line, (hardly like he'd have made if up on the spot anyway.) The delivery of it was terrible and ruined the moment a little for me

I'm sure I saw that, while the ratings are not fantastic, they have been doubling, or at least increasingly substantially, week by week.
I hope El Rey stick with the show. It takes time for new products to get eastablished and hopefully word of mouth etc will mean their audiences continue increasing.

Have to say that LU are incredible when it comes to their videos and vignettes. Its such a simple formula, but it makes their wrestlers, such as Cage there, look like the coolest thing in the world.

A really cool, genuinely alternative product that I hope is given a chance to develop even more and builds a decent following. 

So how many more episodes have been taped and when did they occur? Don't want any results so I daren't check wikipedia. I assumed it was a 13/22 episode run like a normal tv show??

It's supposed to be 39 episodes (7 have aired so far). Well, they keep saying 39 episodes in their press releases, but I guess it remains to be seen if that will be the case. Everything through at least the end of January (or episode 12) has already been taped. The tapings took place between early September and mid October. The next round of tapings begin at some point in January.

Archived